PDA

View Full Version : Did I get too tricky?

nolefan21
03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

MP (t2198)
Button (t1850)
SB (t1030)
BB (t1015)
Hero (t1907)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls t200, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (t500) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t500) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets t815 (All-In), Hero calls t815.

River: (t2130) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2130

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 5h Kc (full house, kings full of tens).
Hero shows Ad Th (full house, tens full of kings).
Outcome: BB wins t2130. </font>

NotMitch
03-09-2004, 03:35 PM
First of all you need to either raise or fold this preflop. Secondly put him all in on the flop. That T500 in the pot is 25% of you stack and well worth picking up.

jwvdcw
03-09-2004, 05:15 PM
I would raise preflop, but I totally agree with slowplaying it after the flop....a flopped set against only one other opponent is an absolute monster that you can feel safe giving him a free card. In fact, you got just what you wanted- he caught his card and went all in. He then only had 2 outs heading into the river and he was all in...I'll take those odds any day of the week, AND I'D RATHER HAVE THAT THAN SIMPLY BETTING OUT AFTER THE FLOP AND TAKING THE BLINDS.

If you raise preflop, then you might be a little more aggressive postflop, but even then, I would feel totally comfortable giving him a free card when you have that big of a hand. You simply got outdrawn,...I wouldn't worry too much about it.