PDA

View Full Version : AA in big pot

Saborion
03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls $0.25 (All-In).

Flop: (25.12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (14.56 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (18.56 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 21.56 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.37 BB, between BB, Hero, MP1 and MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 11.18 BB, between Hero, MP1 and MP2.</font>

Is there a better way to play this hand? Try for a check-raise on the flop or turn? With a pot this big, there's really nothing I can do but pray and bet all the way, sort of, right?

prairieboy
03-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Right.

Checking would be terrible. There are a lot of draws on the board (so giving everyone a free card is very dangerous) and do you really think anyone will bet into you after you (correctly) capped the flop?

Saborion
03-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Why wouldn't the button bet into me? If he has a pair, he's likely to do that. However, if he doesn't have a pair or simply doesn't feel like betting, that would be less than good.

What I wonder though, is it worth taking the risk of giving a free card for the chance of making people have to call 2 cold? In this particular pot, I doubt it since it's gigantic and it wouldn't be wrong for anyone to call anwyay. Better to just bet out and hope the button will raise so that I can 3-bet it, right?