PDA

View Full Version : Is this a dumb play?

colos1
03-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Ok i always play 3/6 and everyone and a while i get the urge to play a weak hand on the button. The only time i get the urge is when there are 4-6 or so limpers no raises and I am holding any Kx or Qx suited on the button. I normally dont play those cards unless i am in the blinds. But it seems to me with the possible chance of hitting the flush
it is worth the $3 call since i am last to act.

Any thought on this play?

If i fold these cards and I see that i would have had a 4 card flush draw I find myself chanting to myself "no flush no flush" only to either A) congradulate myself for saving money or B) knocking myself upside the head for folding the winning hand.

Saborion
03-09-2004, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If i fold these cards and I see that i would have had a 4 card flush draw I find myself chanting to myself "no flush no flush" only to either A) congradulate myself for saving money or B) knocking myself upside the head for folding the winning hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do the same when you fold 94o in MP and the flop comes 449?

Jeffro
03-09-2004, 11:50 AM
I think these hands are playable but are very dependent on game conditions. The game needs to be loose and passive. I have some firm lines I draw for my self on these hands.

Kxs- four or more limpers call
Qxs- five or more limpers call

I play both online and B&M 5-10, usually online this if going to be hitting the muck, but in my B&M this is usually very playable. The other thing is these hands need to be carefully played after the flop if you do catch a piece of the flop, just the other day I flopped top and bottom with a Qxs, but opponent flopped a set, oh well.

Jeffro
03-09-2004, 11:53 AM
If it makes you feel better, I also play the "no flush no flush" chanting game

Bob T.
03-09-2004, 01:20 PM
You should probably play those hands Kx and Qx suited on the button in multiway pots for one bet.

Mike Gallo
03-09-2004, 01:29 PM

Dude, I am still laughing over this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Do not allow yourself to become so results oriented.

Welcome aboard. I saw some of your others posts. Use the search feature and you will find many interesting threads on the questions you have posted.