PDA

View Full Version : Turn c/r

Rico Suave
03-09-2004, 09:17 AM
I am trying to use c/r more often, an hopefully, in the right spots. MP1 is pretty aggressive, and I have seen him 3-bet a couple of times btf, although I have not seen any of his hands. No other great reads, other than the table is pretty lose general.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero caps, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks.....

Good spot for a c/r?

--Rico

Rico Suave
03-09-2004, 12:44 PM

NutCrackerr
03-09-2004, 12:55 PM
What makes you think someone will bet? Had you check-called the flop I'd say yes, but I think this will get checked through.

stoxtrader
03-09-2004, 01:15 PM
I think the fact that it's a coordinated board and a 2 flush on the turn makes it a bet out situation - you just can't affor to risk a free card. Plus, you can 3 bet someone who will raise with an OESD or 4flush.

DonWaade
03-09-2004, 01:30 PM
IMO you need to bet. Otherwise, I think this is going to check through. Most people with a draw would rather see a card for free rather than pay for it.

sfer
03-09-2004, 04:20 PM
I think you bet because you're likely to whiff. Given the cap PF I think it looks like a checkraise attempt with AA/KK. And if MP1 was looking to raise the turn you'll get a 3-betting opportunity.