PDA

View Full Version : Varkoni on Stern

midas
03-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Varkoni was just on Howard hawking his poker videos -seemed like pretty basic stuff.

With all the hype around poker these days - it seems you can make more money selling stuff to the poker masses than actually playing the game itself.

Lazymeatball
03-09-2004, 09:12 AM
I was just about to post this. Howard Stern seems to talk about poker at least once a week, whether it be down at the Borgata, playing with his family, or watching it on tv.

Brian
03-09-2004, 09:55 AM
<Stern> When do you fold a pocket pair before the Flop?
<Varkoni> Well let's say there's a raise, a re-raise, and a re-raise, and you've got a pair of deuces, you've gotta foldt hat.
<Stern> But if a 2 comes out, you're got a good hand!
<Robin> But you don't know if a 2 is going to come out.
<Stern> Shut up Robin, you don't even play, you have no idea what you are talking about.
<Artie> Yeah, if I have a 5 and a 2, and they're the same suit, I am not folding.
<Stern> Yeah, that's a good hand.
<Artie> Yeah, there's 5 more cards to come, and I could make a Straight or a Flush.
<Stern> The game is all luck, you've gotta take a chance sometime. I see a lot of guys just sitting back there folding and folding, and their stack slowly diminishes into nothing.

Ah, poor Howard, I fear he may never be a professional poker player.

-Brian

TheRake
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<Stern> When do you fold a pocket pair before the Flop?
<Varkoni> Well let's say there's a raise, a re-raise, and a re-raise, and you've got a pair of deuces, you've gotta foldt hat.
<Robin> But you don't know if a 2 is going to come out.
<Stern> Shut up Robin, you don't even play, you have no idea what you are talking about.
<Artie> Yeah, if I have a 5 and a 2, and they're the same suit, I am not folding.
<Artie> Yeah, there's 5 more cards to come, and I could make a Straight or a Flush.
<Stern> The game is all luck, you've gotta take a chance sometime. I see a lot of guys just sitting back there folding and folding, and their stack slowly diminishes into nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahaha..that is good stuff. A small glimpse into the mind of a fish. I mean really any 2 cards "Could" make a good hand....Right?

I remember when I was a teenager I was talking to my father about the home game he played in once a month. He proceeded to tell me how much he hated playing with this one guy because he folded all the time. I said "But dad how can you know how good your hand is unless you see the flop?" To which he replied "Exactly!". Man I'll tell ya I was beaming with pride over my father's acceptance of my theory. It took me some time before I broke the bad habit that my father reinforced back in those days. Now when I try to explain to him how the game can be beat, I can tell by the tone in his voice that he thinks I am full of bunk. Guess that is why there will always be food for the sharks.

TheRake

fluff
03-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Ah hell, now I'm really upset that he got pulled of the air.

Well, at least the fish can still get their info from Phil Helmuths book.

krazyace5
03-10-2004, 12:58 AM
It was only six stations. Not to worry he still has plenty of fish to school.

youtalkfunny
03-10-2004, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me that you're making this up. Did they really say that?