PDA

View Full Version : 2 5/10 hands from tonight

Brian
03-09-2004, 05:28 AM
Party 5/10. Table is loose and somewhat aggressive. I am dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB. The table lineup is constantly changing, and the only players on whom I have reads are not involved in the hand. UTG+1, EP, MP, LP all limp, SB completes, and I check. 6 to the Flop, 6sb.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Everyone checks to EP who bets. MP calls and LP call, SB folds, I raise, UTG+1 folds, EP, MP, and LP all call. 4 to the Turn, 14sb (7bb).

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lead out, EP calls, MP raises, LP folds. Your move?

Party 5/10, different table. I am new to the table, but the table is somewhat loose with a few bursts of aggression every now and then. There is a very LAG player sitting to my right, but he is not involved in the hand. I am dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the Button. It is folded to me and I raise. SB calls, and BB, another LAP with whom I have played before, also calls. 3 to the Flop, 6sb.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets. I think it is close between calling and raising, but I decided to call. SB calls. 3 to the Turn, 9sb (4bb).

Turn: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB bets. I call, SB folds. 2 to the River, 6bb.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I raise.

Results later.

-Brian

lil'
03-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Hand 1 - Everything indicates you're up against a 6 here. Looks like you'll have to invest 2 more BB to win 12BB back. Will you be ahead more than 1 in 6 times here? In a live game I'd be gone, online I would think then fold.

Hand 2 - Were you planning on raising the river without the three? You could have raised the turn, but perhaps you wanted to keep the SB in.

Trix
03-09-2004, 08:36 PM
1) I fold to the turn raise, but I think I would have flatcalled the flop and checkraised the turn.

2)A3o is the lowest Ace I openraise on the BT and IŽll only do it if the blinds are tight.
I would probably raise the flop, BB will bet many hands here and it might even get SB to fold a hand that is ahead of you.

Brian
03-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Hand #1: I called the Turn, while EP did the famous call for 1 bet, fold for the 2nd. I check-called a blank on the River, and MP showed 33.

Hand #2: He called my raise and showed me a higher two pair of A5.

As far as Hand #1 is concerned, I am never comfortable enough in my reads online to fold the KQ there. I figured he would be bluffing enough to make my call profitable, plus I do have 2 outs, which counts in close situations like this. Even if the call is slightly negative EV in the long run, I don't want to be making many Turn bet-and-fold-to-a-raise moves, especially at 5/10 where I seem to get pushed around a lot.

In Hand #2, Trix, I am surprised that you would not raise A3o from the Button here. I'm playing it one way or another against 2 random hands. I considered raising the Flop, but I felt that the BB would 3-bet me in a heartbeat with any Queen, and possibly some other hands as well. I actually prefer to keep the SB in the hand because it will help keep the pot protected if the BB is bluffing. There are certainly many plusses to raising as well. I am still not sure which is correct in that situation.

-Brian

Trix
03-10-2004, 01:04 AM
IŽm not saying that I wouldnŽt do it, but if I dont think I have a decent chance of winning the blinds then I wont.
Treys arenŽt my favorite pair against loose players.
My LP openraise range is pretty much acording to Abdul Jalifs, just a little tighter. (A3o is the lowest offsuit Ace)

GuyOnTilt
03-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Hey Brian,

In Hand 1, fold the turn.

In Hand 2, your describe the BB as loose. I would not raise here, since you're unlikely to steal, and because you're unlikely to push him off of any pair postflop. I try to avoid hands with deuces and treys in these situations unless the blinds are tight preflop or weak-tight postflop.

On the flop, I agree with you that it's close between calling and raising. I would raise unless your opponent is so LAG that he could 3-bet with a worse hand than your A-high. If he just called and a blank fell on the turn, I'd check. Depending on the river, I might call a bet unimproved.

Since you just called the flop, I like how you played the rest of the hand. You were obviously going to raise the river regardless, but the 3 just makes it easier.

GoT