PDA

View Full Version : SB in a 3/6 game

BugsBunny
03-08-2004, 11:20 PM
In a game where the SB is only 1/3 of a SB rather than 1/2 how much should I tighten up my normal SB completion standards. Just a general guideline.

Also how much should I raise my steal (and opening for that matter) standards given that there's less money (relatively speaking) in the blinds. Assume no one has yet entered so the blinds are the only money in the pot. Again, just general guidelines.

I have some ideas (which may or may not be correct /images/graemlins/confused.gif) but would just like to hear other views on this.

BugsBunny
03-09-2004, 02:49 PM
My problem is that I have to put in 2/3 of a bet rather than 1/2. I suspect that this means I should play it more like an UTG hand than a "normal" SB hand, but I'm not sure how far to take this. Should I completely ignore the 1/3 that's already there - I do have some (very limited) equity in the pot already, so that doesn't feel right either.

novamob
03-09-2004, 02:57 PM
FWIW, I always assume my $1 is gone and look at it purely from an odds standpoint. If 3 players have limped, that means there is $10 in the pot. I need to put in 2, which means I am getting 5:1. Is my hand good eneough to win %20 of the time? If so, then I may toss in the 2 bucks.

Granted, MUCH MUCH MUCH depends on
(A) the "feel" of the table that you are at and
(B) your impressions of the BB player. You don't want to get raised if you are in with an iffy hand.
(C) your reads on the others

Jeffro
03-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I tend to get away from any two-suited when the SB is only 1/3 of a SB , but this is also predecated on how loose the table is.