PDA

View Full Version : Moving in with a straight draw in Omaha.

kingstalker
03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Paradise 5+50
Blinds 1000/2000 with 200 ante
I have 18,000 in chips
I am dealt 9-9-Q-6 in LP
One limper and BB checks
Flop is /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 I have a overpair and a open ended straight draw.
MP(50,000)bets 3000 I move all in,he calls with /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 and hits a flush on the river(though he was already ahead with the tens).This was my first Omaha Tournament and I usually make this play a lot in NL Hold EM but am starting to think it was a bad here in this spot.How bad was it?

nothumb
03-08-2004, 08:39 PM
all-in with a non-nut straight draw is a good way to get knocked out, especially with a flush draw on the board as well. he has more outs than you, some of your outs are not clean, and he is ahead if both of you miss. any one of these things should prevent you from getting in too deep with this hand:
-non-nut straights are extremely weak in omaha, especially with the possibility of a flush.
-middle and low pairs are extremely vulnerable and do not add a lot of value here.
-any solid player will only call your all-in here with some combination of the top straight draw, nut flush draw, top set or strong overpair.

with the blinds being what they are it's tough to get away here, but i think you've got to dump it.

Big Dave D
03-08-2004, 09:56 PM
you pass preflop. Its that simple.

gl

dd

chaos
03-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Not worth a call preflop. Your hand is not coordinated.

Not worth a call on the flop with a non-nut straight draw. Especially with a flush draw on board.

LivingLegend58
03-10-2004, 03:52 AM
True, I think this is a post flop fold.