PDA

View Full Version : 99 in a loose 4-8 game

Yeknom58
03-08-2004, 07:29 PM
4-8 B and M

The game is pretty good. Very loose agressive preflop, fairly passive postflop.

I have 99 in MP. 2 limpers and an old super rock raises. He's a super weak tight old guy and this raise immediately means at least AA-QQ or AK. I decide to cold call hoping to get multiways action. The next 2 people CC and the button 3 bets(This probably means his cards are suited), Blinds fold, limpers call, Old Weak tight caps, all call. The cap by the old guy means AA. So it's 7 ways capped preflop.

Flop: Jd, 8s, 7h

Limpers check, Rock bets....What is your play and plan for the turn?

nothumb
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
If you were heads up with the old guy I'd say take a shot at him, he's likely to fold if a scare card hits on the turn or the river and you have outs if he calls. With so many people in it's hard to imagine that there aren't a few pairs, maybe two pair, maybe a stronger straight draw. I would probably call this because I'm too loose and hope the button doesn't raise, or if I was feeling ornery I might raise myself. Depends on if the button has fit the loose/passive profile post-flop in the past. Either way if I get much of anything behind me I'm looking to dump.

But my better judgment tells me to get the truck out of Dodge right now. I'm not looking to invest more than one bet here, and I'm doing that reluctantly. You could turn your set and lose pretty easily here. The one card straight is hard to push, too. Not a lot of profit for you, even with the size of the pot.