PDA

View Full Version : scalf's super special..

scalf
03-08-2004, 07:20 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif ya' all don't deserve it....aber, but..

lol

i did see a post by zee with caps....so

everything is possible....

key bet (er excuse me investment)

thirty year treasuries forming a bearish pattern..part of a 45 year low in rates...

play the 3month put 110 at about $500 to control 100,000...

gl..only for those that wanta at least double their cash..

gl

not an inducement to invest..for amusement purposes only..

gl /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Ray Zee
03-08-2004, 08:30 PM
so you think with cost push inflation at our door. high oil prices and utilites, and a weak dollar, people will not be satisfied with 4% return, for a long time period lock up of their money.

so do i

adios
03-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Calling a bottom in interest rates ha? Ok it's done in more than one in the past 6 months as the bond market continues to rally. Greenspan basically said in recent testimony to Congress to avoid 30 year fixed rate mortgages. To me that's a clear signal that he doesn't see any problems with inflation anytime soon. I don't see cost-push inflation as a problem. Higher oil prices will have a dampening effect on economic growth in the US. Productivity numbers are high for both durable and non-durable goods. If memory serves 2 year TIPS yield-to-maturity was negative, that's right below zero as quoted on Thursday. I would guess they'll still have a negative yield to maturity /images/graemlins/smile.gif. The biggest concern for the US economy is slower growth and a slowdown in consummer spending. My prediction is that ugly word deflation will come back into the economic lexicon. You guys can all tell me how wrong I am now. I hope I am.