PDA

View Full Version : PokerSpot and Dutch

MS Sunshine
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I said I didn't wish to post anymore on this subject, but I can't help myself after Dutch's evil minions had their say. Most of these posts are just that. Russ never liked to deal with us directly, but with spin DR.s under different names, it was much easier then. Russ lied about important info for six months then muffed a chance to pay back about a 1000 players because there was not enough in it for him. Russ took the assets of PokerSpot, which he promised to sell to satisify his debts to us. If www.rakefree.com (http://www.rakefree.com) ever gets off the ground, someone invests in it, the first thing to do to make it work is to separate Russ's name from it. Which means that software will get transfered/leased/sold to www.rakefree,com and if Russ holds on to this cash from them for an instant we will still never get paid.

MS Sunshine

Pokerspot Update
Posted by: Russ Boyd (boyd@pokerspot.com)
Posted on: Saturday, 17 March 2001, at 3:27 a.m.

Dear Pokerspot Players,

As many of you are aware, several weeks ago we began experiencing problems with our then current credit card processor, Net Pro, Ltd. We promptly stopped processing through Net Pro and have since been unable to take new player deposits or process cashouts. We are pleased to announce that we recently signed an agreement with Surefire Commerce, the most trusted name in the online gaming processing community, to process all future player deposits. All cashouts requested after March 15* will now be processed as normal.

In addition, we also are pleased to announce we are at a point where we can start repaying prior cashouts. All cashouts that have been requested prior to the 15th of March will be paid according to the following schedule:

20% by April 15; 20% by May 15; 20% by June 15; 20% by July 15; and 40% by August 15.

Please note that we will be paying all players who cashed out in January or February an additional 20% of their cashout as interest. We are pursuing several different avenues that might allow us the opportunity to pay all players before the above dates, including a lawsuit against Net Pro, Ltd., some short-term loans using the software as collateral, and a pending licensing deal.

Once again, we apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this situation has caused our players. We recognize that there has been quite a bit of damage to our reputation as a result of Net Pro, Ltd. and Barclays Bank freezing the player funds, and we can only hope that our reputation will be repaired once we are able to pay all of our players.

On a side note, our service provider has upgraded our bandwidth to an optical fiber connection. You should notice decreased latency, and increased playability. When new developments arise, we will keep you updated. In the meantime, we hope to see you on the site.

Sincerely,

The Pokerspot Team

* - Please note that this does not include cashouts made prior to March 15 that have been re-applied to a player's account.

Looks like we get paid
Posted by: MS Sunshine (jbuchan3@midsouth.rr.com)
Posted on: Saturday, 17 March 2001, at 4:42 a.m.

Well it looks like we'll get paid. We all wish that this did not happen but sometimes things happen that we have no control over. I believe this is what happen to PokerSpot.

Yes, I plan to continue to play there. I happen to like the players that play there. They just seem like real people and it's been a real pleasure playing with them.

As to the players who were very upset about not getting paid right away and wanted people thrown in some jail. I think you have to see that honest people can't always do what should be done,but, do everything they can.

I think internet poker is here to stay. It will have problems that will be solved and some that will not.It is not the poker that you have grow used to,but it is here to stay.

MS Sunshine

======== COPY of their latest message PokerSpot ==== Hi, We've been extremely busy here at Pokerspot processing all the cashouts. So far, they are all on schedule, both the older ones and the most recent ones. We are preparing a large batch to be mailed on Monday along with all the emails to players whose cashouts have been processed.

Instead of sending checks, we are sending bank drafts, which are more trustworthy than checks. We fax instructions to our bank, and then they print the bank draft and mail it. However, since our bank has to process and send them from Nevis, it could take a week or two to be received by everyone. Still, the good news is that cashouts are, in fact, being processed. And no bounced checks with the bank drafts!

In other news, Net Pro threw up a small procedural hurdle in the lawsuit. However, our lawyers expected it and are confident in their ability to overcome it.

Happy Easter, Pokerspot.com

====== end of POKERSPOT message ===========

PokerSpot's fraudulent chips(long)
Posted on: Tuesday, 10 July 2001, at 4:58 a.m.

My wife and I have played with about 170 players on PokerSpot since about Jan. 15th. After we had bought in we heard in the chat about some problems with a few Dec. cashouts. Almost right away everyone heard about Netpro's assets being frozen by Barclays. There was some talk about fraudulent credit card buys.

The regulars told of similar problems in the past, which got straightened out or almost from what I learned later. Since the $20-40 game was excellent compared to what we had been playing for the last 9 months, we continued to play.

At about this time, a California court ruled in favor of a woman who owed $60,000 to her bank for losses on internet gambling sites using her credit cards to buy-in.

Since PokerSpot's credit card processor was out of business, no one could buy-in to the site for months. With the change in law from this Ca. case the credit card companies made it very differcult to buy-in at any poker site. For everyone that was playing at PokerSpot at this time, we didn't need to know all this. We knew from playing there that no one, new or old was buying anything on his credit card.

Now, this is the time frame when up to $250,000 was bought fraudulently according to e-mails with Russ. His statement, along with the spin created from having an investigation and fraud detection software to discover who the fraudulent chips were dumped to, made it seem that PokerSpot was acting responsibly. There were 57 large winners being checked out to see which ones were involved in this fraudulent credit card scam.

The problem is no one was buying in to the site. Fraudulent credit card buyins makes you think this is stolen credit cards. Right? All the early problems, I've been told, were not stolen credit cards, but California card holders who, after discovering that PokerSpot was not paying, contacted their banks to receive charge-backs on their buyins. Now, the banks must have notified PokerSpot right away about this. Maybe PokerSpot reacted as quickly as they do to e-mails sent to them by their customers.

PokerSpot did not tell their players of any fraudulent chips inquiries in Janurary. There were only two games on the site daily, someone should have noticed upwards of $250,000 in fraudulent buyins at this time.

I was first told of this problem 3 months later as I was waiting for my first check. It seems that I had played with ten of these players. A P.I. was in CA checking into the fraudulent buyins. After being investgated for awhile I was told that I lost $400 to these players. I then received my only check from PokerSpot and it was 1/3 less than what it was supposed to be.

Russ told me that there was no problem with me, but they would only be able to give me an amount less than what I was supposed to get. When it arrived it was half what we had discussed.

Now, six months later, PokerSpot is trying to transfer the losses caused by their mismanagement to a few players that still have some decent amount of money left on their poker site.

This is not fair. We won this money. We did our jobs right. We spendt over a thousand hours playing on your site, paying rake, listening to empty promises and worrying about you getting financing so you could pay us all off.

If in a live poker room, someone got a marker for $20,000 and lost it in a poker game, the owner would never come up to the big winner, months later asking for the player's win back, because the player didn't pay his marker. Some gaming control board would tell the owner to take his loss and give the player what is due to him.

Russ and the new investor in PokerSpot, You still owe my wife and I over $56,000. We won this money fairly and have been, along with many others, treated very shabbily by PokerSpot.

Maybe you can convince yourself that if most people are paid and you can slander the few winners left and not pay them, that your site will come back. I don't think this is the case. I think they will take the money and run, not walk, to the nearest exit. What you should be doing is paying everyone, every dollar you owe them. Then explain to them the steps you have taken to see that this never happens again.

MS Sunshine

POKERSPOT- The Final Word (s)
Posted by: neal ross (daytrader28@earthlink.net)
Posted on: Thursday, 12 July 2001, at 12:14 a.m.

Hello Pokerspot Players, I am disappointed over the general response to what i consider good news, if true, about the future of Pokerspot. I have now spent more hours on this site than anyone with the exception of Ms. Sunshine whose problem i will address next. Concerning the fraudulent chip problem, if player (s) bought in with chips that eventually were not paid for, i as the owner would not feel obligated to pay the players who ended up with these chips. I think bosox14's (ryan) point about the fairness of tracking down these chips is well taken, however, i trust we will have to live with the decision of management in this case and vote with our feet if we are not happy with the decision. Now, Ms Sunshine, i have played many hours of shorthanded and heads-up play against you, i would estimate that totalling up our play against each other we are probably about even-steven which brings me to this conclusion if you really do have 56k in your account somthing is wrong and i will leave it up to Russ Boyd to sort it out. I have played as many hours of internet poker the past two years as anyone out there bar none, for you to have won 56k in three months or even less is just not possible without something being wrong, you are not that good of a player at best you are my equal and my results are only in the neighborhood of 25% of yours. So sunshine, i would just cool your jets, because i think you are about to open pandora's box.

Re: POKERSPOT- The Final Word (s)
Posted on: Thursday, 12 July 2001, at 1:24 a.m.

Oh, really. I didn't mind you implying I maybe a thief, but when you say "I'm your equal in playing ability", well those are fighting words.

Every gaming site has some credit card problems. They don't steal their other players money to make it up. With about a total of $100K in everyone's bankroll, how can you have $50K up to $250K in fraudulent chips? Where did the money($50K) for the freerolls come from?

"Cool my jets"? While the remaining money is given to other players most who never bought into the site and a toady who trys to entice unsuspecting players onto a site that is not paying anyone?

I and a few other players are not good enough to win what we have, so we shouldn't be paid? What if I'm not this good as a poker player, but have just been lucky, shouldn't I get the money I won over a half a year anyways?

Where was pokerspot when all these people were buying in with these "fraudulent" chips? You know, they were not there, no one was there. They came to the only game on site and asked how to buyin and we told them they couldn't. Neal, don't you get it? There wasn't this mass credit card scam. PokerSpot, then and now, still doesn't have the money to pay people what they owe them. This may never change.

The only "box" I want to open, is the one with $56,000 of my money in it.

When you talk to Russ again, please let him know if he would continue to lie to me I wouldn't be posting this on the 'net. I would sit patiently sit at home waiting for the money he said was on the way. When he starts with this "we are looking into you again stuff" and not responding to my email then I feel, well like this is all I'm going to get for my $56,000.

With $56,000 on account, and the others with large amounts, we are being given nothing. Did we steal all of this? If we have $1 fraudulent dollar, does that mean we receive nothing?

I'm sorry I have to stop now. My wife says this is not healthy for me. I think she means the screaming and pounding, but I could be wrong.

MS Sunshine

The stain of fraudulent dollars(long)
Posted on: Friday, 13 July 2001, at 6:02 p.m.

I seem to be having a problem with the settings on my ACME Fruadulent Dollars Detection software. It seems that this is alot more complex than I first thought. When is a fraudulent dollar first born? Is it when it is first conceived?(credit card purchase) or when it breaths it first breath("Hey Russ, You know that guy, who you couldn't pay? He's unbuyed in").

What if someone wins money in the freerolls, plays $4-8 holdem with Neal for awhile and turns his bankroll into about a dime. He comes up to the Bigs and gets his head handed to him. El Busto gets the plastic out and buys in. He plays $2-4 for awhile and goes broke. He thinks about that buyin and has his bank charge it back on his credit card when hears no one is getting paid. Now is the money he lost in the $20-40 tainted from the later fraudulent dollars?

Now, he is playing three handed $20-40 with MS Sunshine and Backlash(before the 33 days of hell). Fraudulent Dollar Man is beating the hell out of Backlash. He now has twice as much fraudulent dollars as before. Can he now lose more fraudulent dollars than he bought in for to MS Sunshine? Who in turn loses it back to Bachlash. Now, MS Sunshine breaks even for the night. Does Backlash have no fraudulent dollars? In fact might he have a credit of fraudulent dollars? Now, poor, poor MS Sunshine broke even, but has more fraudulent dollars than Fraudulent Dollar Man bought into the game with?

What if MS Sunshine only has $1,000 fraudulent dollars in his account? Should he get paid some part of the other $55,000 with everyone else. What if there is no money when the ACME fraud software is done. Is there any chance he will get paid in some other later round of checks?

Wouldn't it be easier to do a sort of everyone who have cashouts pending? Then open up our wallet and see how much money we have to pay players. Better hold out some of your players money for freerolls, servers and trips overseas to look for investors.

Now, here's the tricky part, start at the bottom and add up all the cashouts till you run out of money, then draw a line. Everyone about the line is accused of having some fraudulent dolllars in their account, except Daytrader who some how missed all those fraudulent dollars in the system.

I'm sorry, but I have to stop now. My wife says it's time to take my medication. Usually I get sleepy after I take it. So, have a nice day.

MS Sunshine

MS SUNSHINE -you are full of XXXXX
Posted on: Sunday, 15 July 2001, at 11:08 p.m.

In the latest post by Ms Sunshine he/she or maybe ET claims to have won $30,000 since March, there has not been enough action at the site since then even if Ms Sunshine won each and every hand they played which i can assure you they did not, i would go so far as to say at best they have braoken even or lost a small amount since March. This latest post gives rise to me, at least, that indeed Sunshine has been engaged in some sort of fraudulent activity on the site and I call on Russ Boyd to look very carefully at the scripts imeediately.

PokerSpot
Posted by: Poker Chef (bss317@aol.com)
Posted on: Tuesday, 31 July 2001, at 7:32 p.m.

I know that most of you, as I am, are numb to any topics relating to Poker Spot. However, I recieved an email from them today in response to my request for a cashout. You can read it below. Funny thing is the date of the original email that i sent to them that they have just responded was May 22. FU Boyd!!!

I have really got to let this go. ********************************** Ticket Status: resolved Hello, Unfortunately, cashouts are currently on hold. However, an investment deal is currently in its final stages, and we expect to begin processing cashouts again in the very near future. Additionally, our lawsuit against our former credit card processor (for release of the funds still owed to us) is making steady progress. Thank you for your patience. Sincerely, Pokerspot.com Customer Support

Pokerspot Support Team support@pokerspot.com http://www.pokerspot.com/

John,

We're still compiling the data regarding money owed. We've sorted through
all of our bank statements and cashed checks through 5/1/01 and I do not
have any record of you cashing a PSI check. That would indicate that all
cashouts are still pending. Currently, it seems that there is a total of
$56,838 outstanding.

There is still quite a bit of information we must review before we begin the
settlement process, including credit card chargebacks, information post
5/1/01, cashouts which were returned to your account, and fraudulent charges
and wins.

I'd like to point out that I rarely respond to players these days. This is
due to a number of factors. We have quite a few players who are owed
considerable sums of money. We do not have any support personnel left. All
of our efforts are aimed at fixing this situation. Unfortunately, that
leaves us with little time to reassure players. At this point, actions
speak louder than words and the only thing which will reassure anyone is a
check in hand.

This project left our company insolvent. If it weren't for the fact that we
own a valuable asset in our software, everyone involved in the project,
including investors, employees, and players, would be out a great deal of
time and money. As it stands now, we should be able to mitigate the damage
caused to us.

That's all I have to say right now. You'll hear more from us in the coming
weeks and months as we go through the settlement process.

Sincerely,
Russ Boyd

Russ,
Until now, I have stayed silent amidst all of the RGP controversy you
create. But that was until you attacked Paul Westley, who, if you
spend the rest of your life trying to develop integrity and character,
will still be twice the man you will ever be. Furthermore, after
reading your posts, which change every day, I have become sickened to
the point that I feel compelled to share my little part in your saga.

My involvement with Russ Boyd and Pokerspot:

In Spring of 2001, I was working with a partner in Boston and some
venture capitalists from Kansas City to develop an internet poker
site. Several poker celebrities that post on this site had been
contracted to work with the site and we were in the final stages of
acquiring software.

Seeing the difficulty that Pokerspot was experiencing, we approached
Russ with an offer to either buy his company outright, or to license
his software. Russ agreed that the idea sounded good and we arranged
to meet in Boston for a sitdown to discuss the possible arrangements.
Upon meeting Russ, I was extraordinarily impressed with how highly
Russ thought of himself. However, he was very smooth, if a little
oily, and we spoke in depth about his predicament and the
opportunities still available.

We were very interested in the intellectual and non-tangible property
that Pokerspot owned: mailing lists, software, patents, etc. We came
up with an offer that we presented to Russ in the late Spring. The
offer included paying off all of the debts of Pokerspot (which Russ
stated was $300,000 at that time) $200,000 for Russ, and 10% in the
new company, which we had decided to call PokerScene. Russ agreed to
the stipulations, and we sent him a draft. Russ signed a copy of the
draft and returned it to me by FedEx.

At this point, we contacted our venture capitalist and prepared to
arrange for finalizing the financial transactions. The next day, Russ
and I were talking on the phone I made mention of the non-compete
clause and he laughed at me. I asked what was funny and he replied
that I didn't think he was actually going to get out of this industry,
did I? I directed him to the draft that he had signed which included
that we received all intellectual rights, mailing lists, patents, etc.
and that he would not be eligible to work in the industry for 3 years
(might have been 2). He got the contract, looked at it, agreed that
was what it meant, agreed that he had signed it, and then said there
was no way he was going to honor it, and that if we wanted all of
those things, we would have to pay him over $1,000,000 (I think he
said he had an offer from a company for 1.2 Mil, but at this point, I
was rolling on the ground laughing my ass off.) I asked him if he was
serious. He stated that he was and that he thought that even at those
terms, we would be getting an incredibly great deal. It was at this
point that I realized that Russ was amoral, unethical, megalomaniacal,
and probably insane. I informed him that he was out of his mind and
was probably passing up the best deal he was going to find.

My backers, upon seeing the deal fall through, developed cold feet,
withdrew and the deal died. The based their decision in part on
feeling that if people like Russ were indicative of the people in the
industry, they wanted no part of it. So, in a way, Russ actually
helped to kill two internet poker companies. But he did have a signed
contract that would have taken care of his debts to Pokerspots
customers and left him smelling a lot sweeter than the drunkard
offering his futures for $5K that he claims to be.

Russ,
I have seen you three times since then and, like Paul, have been nice
to you. This was not because I like you, it was because I felt sorry
for you and believed that you still deserved some basic human dignity.
I have changed my mind. I believe that you are completely devoid of
any character whatsoever, and that until you start to truly accept
that you are responsible for your actions that you will never be
anything more than a spoiled child prodigy gone bad. Nobody cares how
smart you are or what a brilliant poker player you feel you are. What
people do care about Russ is that you are slimy, and the more you
speak, the more obvious that becomes. When you attack people like
Paul, who went out of his way to not say bad things about you, you are
out of your league. In the future, be abundantly clear, I do not want
to hang out, have a drink, or talk about future business.

Burton Ritchie

Now my question for Russ, Dutch and his evil minions is:

Why did you not sell the PokerSpot software instead of taking it to your next venture?

It was the major asset of PokerSpot and should have been sold at the best possible price to pay creditors(us here) some of what is owed.

MS Sunshine

Dingo Puppet
03-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Now I feel bad for you MS. If it had happened to me I'd want the stomp the dude. Sounds like it was one big mind fuc*. Do you still hold any hope at all to get some or all of the money owed you back one day? Is the software he talks about selling any good by todays standards?

KC50
03-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Oh the way Glenn Miller played...songs that made the hit parade...gee our ol LaSalle ran great...those were the days.

I remember it all.

I'm with you all the way.

Signed,

KC50 and the MS Sunshine Band

Puffin
03-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Yea good post. Basically sums up everything I wanted to know on the subject. Where as before I thought Russ might not be so bad I now see him for the scumbag he is.

Myrtle
03-08-2004, 07:31 PM
John,

Funny that you posted all the info in this latest post, as after the last string, I went back to my email files and was prepared to post some of the emails that I had received at the time from Pokerspot regarding this issue. I had them all copied into a word document and was prepared to post them here now, until I read this latest string.

Thanks much for beating me to it.

Thanks also for the details of one of the offers that was on the table to Boyd. FWIW, there was more than one legit offer made to him.

None ever came to fruition, and so any reasonable person must ask the most pertinent question, which is....WHY?

We can speculate until the cows come home, but the results remain the same...nothing has happened to reimburse any of us that are owed money.

In my particular case, it's a small amount, so it's no big deal to me.

I simply don't understand how any reasonble reader of all this information can come up with any conclusion other than something stinks.

If it smells like bs, looks like bs and you are forced to eat it and it tastes like bs.....it more than likely is bs.

hmmmmm
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Can anyone tell me how he is accepted in the poker world? How do people treat him at the big tourneys,etc?. Sure, a lot of players don't know him or what he did, but a lot of the BIG NAMES do - do they ignore him? say something nasty? threaten to beat the sh*** of him? Wine and dine him?

Just curious.

GrannyMae
03-08-2004, 08:15 PM
i think it was a minion who asked yesterday, but after seeing that you were dumping the discussion, i did not follow through.

however, i thought it was a fascinating query.

how would you react to drawing the same table as him should you both be in the wsop?

your anger, i'm sure, would not prevail in your forfeiting your seat, but i'm not sure how i would handle it if i were you.

any thoughts? could you stand it? would you go after him, or play your regular game?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/xeye.gif

Cubswin
03-08-2004, 08:32 PM
If I were MS i would try to find out which hotel he was staying at and then send him a gift... i think a dead fish would do the job. It would be fun to sit at the table with him the morning he received that gift /images/graemlins/grin.gif

regards
cubswin

jedi
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think it was a minion who asked yesterday, but after seeing that you were dumping the discussion, i did not follow through.

however, i thought it was a fascinating query.

how would you react to drawing the same table as him should you both be in the wsop?

your anger, i'm sure, would not prevail in your forfeiting your seat, but i'm not sure how i would handle it if i were you.

any thoughts? could you stand it? would you go after him, or play your regular game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm obviously not in MS's shoes, but if Dutch didn't know who I was by sight, I'd just play my regular game, but defintely be ready to taunt him if he busted out. And if I busted out first, well let's just say I might make a stop at the Las Vegas police station for assault before returning home.

Luckly he hasn't fleeced me of any money yet.

Frozen
03-08-2004, 09:49 PM
MS, OMFG! First of all, I apologize for anything I may have said in the past that gave Boyd any inkling of a benifit of the doubt. Secondly, this whole story has so many parallels to a bad business deal of mine 3 years ago where I was taken for $100,000...it's just uncanny. I may or may not post that whole story here...but just know you're not alone. I'm not a violent person, but I still have recurring fantasies/dreams about torturing and killing MY 'dutch boyd'. He was that much of a filthy snake. BTW, those of you who live in Vegas may have seen his new project- a dance club called 'Ice Las Vegas'...which will inevtably fold this year.

hmmmmm
03-09-2004, 01:15 PM
reasking my question - I'm sure Mason and probably David have seen Russ since the whole thing occurred. How did you/they react?

Bob T.
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks for letting me relive this.

I lost considerably less than you did, but it was still very frustrating. I suspect that pokerspot did a great deal of damage to the initial growth of online poker.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Terry
03-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Looks like the “Where’s the substance?” crew has nothing to say here. How nice.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of any bankruptcy filing by PokerSpot? When a company files bankruptcy, the remaining company assets are divided among the company’s creditors. The owner/CEO does not walk off with those assets and try to sell them elsewhere; there is a word for that – and it’s a word someone who has a law degree should know.

Bubmack
03-09-2004, 06:13 PM
As to the bankruptcy..i think the whole reason he was allowed to skate and abuse his responsibility was because he was an off-shore operator.

Bubs

juris
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
As my name suggests, I have a law degree. The magic word you are looking for is conversion.

For a company, there are 2 types of bankruptcy. The first is Chapter 7 which liquidates everything and pays in a statutory priority, with unsecured creditors (Sorry MS and the rest, that's you) getting paid last. Usually but not always that's zero or close to it.

Chapter 11 is an attempt to continue the business going forward, with a trustee assigned to manage the assets. Unsecured are given a written "plan" (yes, that's actually the legal term) proposing to pay a fraction of the debt, and there is time to object to the plan. The bankruptcy judge makes the final call, and when the plan is finished, the remainder of the debt is wiped clean, and the business moves forward.

If either bankruptcy was filed, MS and the rest would know because they would be listed as unsecured creditors and given notice. What I find a much more interesting legal question is whether certain deposited funds could be classified as held in trust and illegally converted, which would not be dischargeable in bankruptcy in most instances (like poker, it depends. That's not the point here). I don't know the answer to that question off the top of my head.

I couldn't find a bankruptcy filing on the computer system known as PACER, which is where it would show up. But b/c it's a pay as you go site, I didn't try all that hard so I can't say one way or another. If significant interest from the zoo, I'll eat the cost and do a thorough search but my guess is they just closed up shop.

Stew
03-09-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the “Where’s the substance?” crew has nothing to say here. How nice.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of any bankruptcy filing by PokerSpot? When a company files bankruptcy, the remaining company assets are divided among the company’s creditors. The owner/CEO does not walk off with those assets and try to sell them elsewhere; there is a word for that – and it’s a word someone who has a law degree should know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the word and I don't have a law degree, but you are exactly right.

Jim Easton
03-09-2004, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The magic word you are looking for is conversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but I think Terry was looking for fraudulent transfer.

jedi
03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If either bankruptcy was filed, MS and the rest would know because they would be listed as unsecured creditors and given notice. What I find a much more interesting legal question is whether certain deposited funds could be classified as held in trust and illegally converted, which would not be dischargeable in bankruptcy in most instances (like poker, it depends. That's not the point here). I don't know the answer to that question off the top of my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does any of this matter if Dutch runs the company offshore?

juris
03-10-2004, 09:35 AM
A very good point on the offshore. Different laws would apply to the company. I wasn't thinking it through all the way earlier.

Fraudulent transfer would relate to selling the asset at a reduced rate (less than fair market value) to a third party, usually classified as an insider, to retain the value of the asset after a bankruptcy. There are laws to overturn these transactions.

Conversion is if he had appropriated the asset for himself, like keeping a company car rather than liquidated its value and putting the funds into the estate.

Either way, you don't need a lawyer to tell you it ain't right.

astroglide
03-10-2004, 01:55 PM
how long did it take you to win 56k? what limits, and how many tables? i don't even remember pokerspot being around for that long.

MS Sunshine
03-10-2004, 02:11 PM
About 6 months playing $10-20 and $20-40, almost all hds-up and SH.

MS Sunshine

Tachyon
03-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Just curious MS - what were the totals of your initial deposits to PokerSpot and had you redeemed those transactions by the time trouble hit the site?

MS Sunshine
03-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I made two credit card buys in the first week for $1600 total. A week later I tried to cashout and almost every week from then on. Three months on later April 15th my payment plan amount was like $12-13K and there were suddenly frauduant dollars in the system and the top 57 cashouts were the culprits. After a big stink where site traffic went to zero during the second round of payments 4-6 weeks later Russ wrote and said he saw that I only recieved $400 FD and entitled to be paid. But there was a problem, he had paid out almost all the money in the first two payment rounds,some large cashouts here NEVER recieving anthing, but althought I was due $25K by now he only had $10K to send me if I would send bank info to him. He only wired $5K.

So yes I was $3400 to the good, but out way over 1000 hours of play and I had a $56,838 debt that he promised would be made good by sale of the software, numerous offers you know, which he mufffed and then walked with.

MS Sunshine

Twisty
03-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Is sueing(sp) russ personally an option?

Tachyon
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
MS,

Cheers, did it ever cross your mind to CB the $1600 - then tell him to deduct the 1600+fees from your balance... or would that have given him an excuse not to "pay" anything?

John

Silybum
03-10-2004, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So yes I was $3400 to the good,

[/ QUOTE ]

You won and still all we hear is how you lost thousands. You got all the sympathy you gonna get. The wells been dry for awhile

astroglide
03-10-2004, 06:03 PM
he would have made more money working at mcdonald's for
1000 hours

CrackerZack
03-10-2004, 06:04 PM
The guy gets robbed by the person hosting your email address, and this is your response. Unreal. How old are you? 12? Do you have any remote concept of reality?

Stew
03-10-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You won and still all we hear is how you lost thousands. You got all the sympathy you gonna get. The wells been dry for awhile

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a dik, he's owed the money, fng pay him.

Elizabeth-Anne
03-10-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about this. I also don't like to hear his whining.

Keep up the good posts. Don't let these zoo turkeys back you down.

Elizabeth-Anne
03-10-2004, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hello Pokerspot Players, I am disappointed over the general response to what i consider good news, if true, about the future of Pokerspot. I have now spent more hours on this site than anyone with the exception of Ms. Sunshine whose problem i will address next. Concerning the fraudulent chip problem, if player (s) bought in with chips that eventually were not paid for, i as the owner would not feel obligated to pay the players who ended up with these chips. I think bosox14's (ryan) point about the fairness of tracking down these chips is well taken, however, i trust we will have to live with the decision of management in this case and vote with our feet if we are not happy with the decision. Now, Ms Sunshine, i have played many hours of shorthanded and heads-up play against you, i would estimate that totalling up our play against each other we are probably about even-steven which brings me to this conclusion if you really do have 56k in your account somthing is wrong and i will leave it up to Russ Boyd to sort it out. I have played as many hours of internet poker the past two years as anyone out there bar none, for you to have won 56k in three months or even less is just not possible without something being wrong, you are not that good of a player at best you are my equal and my results are only in the neighborhood of 25% of yours. So sunshine, i would just cool your jets, because i think you are about to open pandora's box.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Pokerspot had a good reason to withold the winnings.

The zoo hypocrites want to back Sunshine, but when Dako got robbed by Gaming Club, people were mocking him. If Dako's money got seized with no evidence, then this is the similar case, and should get the same result.

Some people said that Sunshine was playing at the same table with his wife and they were helping each other. Was it true? In the zoo people are presumed guilty till proven innocent, just like Dako.

kdog
03-10-2004, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most of us that are still around and hollering were winners there. It doesn't change the fact that you're a greedy piece of crap who could've done the right thing and didn't. Get used to the well being dry because you will NEVER get another site off the ground.

kdog
03-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Elizabeth, before you post anything by Neal Ross as credible you should really take a look at all of his posts. The guy was a total nut case.

Stew
03-10-2004, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The zoo hypocrites want to back Sunshine, but when Dako got robbed by Gaming Club, people were mocking him. If Dako's money got seized with no evidence, then this is the similar case, and should get the same result.

Some people said that Sunshine was playing at the same table with his wife and they were helping each other. Was it true? In the zoo people are presumed guilty till proven innocent, just like Dako.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all addressed in another thread and evidence provided that Dutch agreed to what was owed MS and that he was indeed owed the amount stated.

Jim Easton
03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The zoo hypocrites want to back Sunshine, but when Dako got robbed by Gaming Club, people were mocking him.

[/ QUOTE ]

MS' funds weren't seized, his account wasn't closed for suspicious activities, his cashouts weren't honored, nor were the cashouts of many other players. These are significantly different situations.

andrewbross
03-10-2004, 11:13 PM
I noticed that Ms. Sunshine took the liberty of copying my (neal ross) post (s) about his (mis) adventures concerning POKERSPOT. During the six months that the players including myself had to sweat out the payment of our funds, I took it upon myself to be the player advocate and go-between the players and Russ Boyd. I was in e-mail and phone contact with Russ for many months. Notwithstanding, my personal opinions about Russ, I truly believe he wanted this venture to thrive and survive and took every measure possible. Netpro (Pokerspot's credit card processor) was located a few miles from my home, they were in Ft. Lauderdale, I live in Boca Raton. I hired a private investigation firm(Kroll and Associates) to get info on them. They like Paradise Poker had direct ties to Gambino crime family members in New York. Netpro was setup to ripoff outfits like POKERSPOT who had no recourse (because they were conducting an illegal business [unclean hands for the lawyers out there]). Cutting to the chase, Netpro stole Pokerspot's deposits and many other online gambling site's too. Now, Ms. Sunshine-much of the money Sunshine won was dumped off to him without his knowledge because the players who wanted to DK their credit card transactions had to lose all their funds on deposit so they could legitmately claim they were ripped off. I explained this to the over 150 POKERSPOT players I was in daily contact with via frequent e-mails. Ms. Sunshine was ALWAYS on the site, in fact he was logged on 24 hours a day at the 20-40 table waiting for action. I actually thought he and several others were props. He is a good player, but not nearly good enough to win 56k.legitimately. I had 4k+ on deposit with the 'spot when they closed their doors. I DK'ed my original deposit of 1000 with my bank and received two check totalling 8250 from them, so that was my win. The reason I believe that Russ was basically telling the truth was that when I DK'ed the 1000 credit card deposit to the 'spot the funds were never deducted from my player bankroll. In otherwords Pokerspot had no idea what was going on with deposits in or out until it was too late. If anyopne wants further info feel free to contact me on my toll-free @ 888-575-4433, I will not answer if you block your incoming number. Andrew (neal) Ross.

MS Sunshine
03-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi Neal good to see you posting. I'm all for reintroducing fringe to the Zoo. 57 top cashouts are suspect because of fraudulent dollars, but you that is deeply in that group is paid in full for Russ-toady posts inticing other players to a site that is not paying off and damning anyone that speaks poorly ON A POKER SITE NOT PAYING OFF. Russ did not fairly payoff the last of the money, alluded that we were thieves, and ran with companies assets that he promised would stand us good. And you helped and profited from it at other's expense. My wife and I played about 1000 hours of SH and H2H $20-40 play with a 1 1/2BB win rate, nothing to really brag about, but I can see why to you this would seem like an unattainable win rate. Only your totally delusional frame of mind prevents me from holding a grudge against you, but doesn't keep me from making fun of. And boy it is easy to make fun of you.

Posted by: neal ross (nealross@sprynet.com)
Posted on: Tuesday, 23 January 2001, at 8:58 a.m.

Yes, you can 86 the original charges, also, if you are in neither New Jersey or Nevada you do have to recognize the validity of the charge in the first place because it is a gambling related debt and is uncollectible if you contest it. Of course this is not a good method since your credit card will be cancelled by the issuer. I have already embarked on a PR campaign about the situation. I will follow through with legal actions against Pokerpages and Cardplayer both organizations accept advertising and refuse to print the truth about this organization and both have employees playing at the site. I am praying that it doesn't come to this, I like pokerspot and would even consider investing in the site if asked. I have already expended several thousand dollars in getting federal action initiated against Paradise Poker which must be closed down for the good of the world poker community. Pokerspot has a lot of promise their random number generator is the nuts. PLEASE POKERSPOT CLEAN UP YOUR ACT! If we don't get paid by the end of the month and i endorse your deadline, you can join me in filing suit we can share the filing costs, i'm sure there are many more parties out there waiting for money.

Posted on: Friday, 23 February 2001, at 10:09 a.m.

POKERSPOT software is unsurpassed, it is the only site that has a true RNG, the chat function is also heads and tails above others, the transcript stays in place for a long time to give those involved in a hand time look at it when the hand is over. The software also tells the player how much time is left till he/she has to act. The software also folds those not making a decision as long as they are connected thereby avoiding all-in cheats, those saying negative things about Pokerspot are confusing the non-payment issue with the the technicals, there is ABSOLUTELY no comparison with Paradise or Planet who both use obsolete and/or criminal programs.

Posted on: Thursday, 22 February 2001, at 11:20 a.m.

Hello Players, I received an update from Russ Boyd this morning anyone desiring a copy please e-mail me at daytrader28@earthlink.net, also, i have both Poker Digest and Card Player launching an investigation (s) into the matter as they are both creditors of Pokerspot too. I believe eventually we will get paid, of course i am also hoping that Pokerspot gets back on its feet and i believe it will despite the MORONS such as Badger, Carson, et al who as paid Paradise operatives are trying to destroy Pokerspot. Badger i'll be in Mississippi in March and i invite you to come talk to me.

Posted on: Wednesday, 21 February 2001, at 12:59 p.m.

Hi Matt, Russ Boyd told me he would sell the software as a last resort, i believe that time has now come and i have e-mailed him about selling the software, i am owed 3300+ from an initial investment of $600, i believe that everyone who has an existing credit/debit card deposit contact their respective financial institutions and DK the transaction, anyone needing supporting documentation can contact me @daytrader28@earthlink.net, i still believe Russ Boyd has not deliberately ripped anyone off but he is guilty of opening up and under-capitalized business. The software at Pokerspot is unsurpassed by any other internet poker site. It is worth at least the outstanding player indebtedness.

Posted on: Wednesday, 21 February 2001, at 8:50 a.m.

An update on the mess at Pokerspot was received early this morning, essentially there is no news and the situation remains unchnaged. Pokerspot is filing suit against NetPro, this is an obvious waste of time as you cannot get blood from a stone (read Mafia). I openly call upon Russ Boyd to SELL the software NOW so the players can get paid and the site can be revived. Pokerspot was opened with no working capital there has been a cash flow problem there since day 1, NetPro is not the reason for this insolvency, Pokerspot's business practices are the culprit. The Poker media is partially responsible and i again call upon all of them to cooperate in finding a solution. I again appeal to all who read this who have not yet come aboard to e-mail me @ daytrader28@earthlink.net.

Posted on: Tuesday, 20 February 2001, at 11:18 p.m.

I have notified Barry Shulman of Card Player of the situation at Pokerspot. Mr. Shulman claims that Pokerspot owes Card Player a large amount for unpaid advertising and that he was unaware of the problem (s) there until i brought it to his attention. I think the statements are inconsistent to say the least and i call upon Card Player as the most important media link between players and card rooms to launch an investigation into the Pokerspot situation. They owe their readers that much as they are carrying full page advertising in their publication for Pokerspot.

Posted on: Saturday, 17 February 2001, at 1:50 p.m.

It appears that my messages about Pokerspot are now being censored by the powers to be at this site, its allright i guess for poker players to get reamed.

Posted on: Saturday, 10 February 2001, at 10:00 p.m.

The NETPRO that Pokerspot is involved with can be found at www.netproltd.com (http://www.netproltd.com), just the fact that they are using the same name as an established US corporation shows the kind of the sleazeball operation that NETPROLTD is. More than likely Pokerspot's NETPRO is in violation of US trademark laws, however, our NETPERO is operating out of Australia with an office (or at least an answering service) in Ft' Lauderdalle. The head of NETPROLTD (managing director) is one Michael Acierno no doubt some low level mafioso front man for this rip off. It is my opinion that the reason for this snafu is that NETPROLTD was processing Pokerspot transactions without identifying them to Barclay's Bank as gaming related. As i have informed all interested parties, the three largest US Banks (Chase, Citicorp, First USA) and many others will no longer process internet gaming transactions and all submitted charges are supposed to have a code attached identifying these transactions as gaming related. It seems that NETPROLTD was circumventing the established procedures which has led to the funds being frozen. The reason i know all this, is that the banks i use are on the list of banks who refuse gaming transactions yet my transactions did clear through Pokerspot while when attempting to purchase chips at Highland and Planet Poker my transctions have been denied. I just returned from a 24 hour playing session at the Taj Mahal where i can report that at 8:00pm EST EVERY table in the joint was occupied with healthy waiting lists for all games. I will be there all day tomorrow from noon on, anyone wishing to discuss the problems at Pokerspot can have me paged to the podium. I have 37 e-mail addresses of Pokerspot players, if i hear any new news i will notify all promptly.

Posted on: Saturday, 10 February 2001, at 10:07 p.m.

Yes, this all seems to be true. it is almost 10:00pm EST and i just visited the site and there is absolutely nothing goig on. I am agaian distressed as i have not heard from Russ Boyd in two days now, RUSS IF YOU ARE READING THIS we need action (s) now, the site id dying a slow death.

Posted on: Friday, 9 February 2001, at 4:28 a.m.

I just received an encouragig message from Russ Boyd, he said that all registered Pokerspot players would be receiving a message soon from him personally. I truly believe that Russ and his colleagues are working 'round the clock to solve the problems. I also believe that this latest snafu is the fault of NetPro which in my learned opinion is nothing short of a criminal enterprise. I offered Russ some marketing suggestions to implement once the sight is back to normal, at this point all interested parties need to be fully supportive.Pokerspot is the very best product out there for those interested in online poker. My feeling is that within six months this site will be thriving. Godspeed to Pokerspot.

Posted on: Thursday, 8 February 2001, at 4:45 a.m.

I received an e-mail from Russ Boyd yesterday, anyone wanting a copy please e-mail me at daytrader28@earthlink.net. Paraphrasing, Russ says that NetPro will not be submitting any funds for 6 MONTHS, there is a $500,000 cash flow problem, he is trying to raise money. My question is we the players are entitled to the details, did NetPro steal the money, did an employee(s) steal the money, the possibilties are infinite. Russ said that he was going to make a public announcement yesterday, since he didn't, for whatever reason, i have taken the liberty of making my own. I am out north of $3000 and pissed Please contact me with your full name and adress at the above e-mail address if you want to join with me in pusuing this matter. I have several ideas and there is power in numbers.

Posted on: Monday, 5 February 2001, at 4:13 p.m.

This is exactly why Paradise Poker will be closed down SOON, it has now turned into one of the largest money laudering operations in the Carribean. It isn't even a matter of time but a matter of convenience, when the DEA is ready to strike all funds on deposit at Paradise will be confiscated, play there at your own risk. The place is dirty, the Justice Department knows it, the select Senate Committee on organized crime knows it and the government of Costa Rica was put on notice a long time ago.

BREAKING NEWS FROM COSTA RICA
Posted by: Oh2BnLA
Posted on: Sunday, 4 February 2001, at 11:29 a.m.

(Internet Wire): San Jose, Sunday February 4th, 9:17am

The Costa Rican navy and police today arrested a man at a remote beach near the coastal town of Quepos, about 2 hours south of the capital San Jose. The man was observed at 4:33am by a Costa Rican navy patrol boat, on a routine coastline surveillance mission, in a large 19' inflatable dinghy containing 24 mannequins in US military attire, about 1 mile south of Quepos. The dinghy was escorted ashore and the man was immediately arrested on suspicion of illegal terrorist activities. He was wearing a pink Power Ranger's suit and was armed with a 51cm Power Ranger's electronic 'tigerzord' sword, water pistol and a baseball bat. The 24 mannequins were all carrying potato guns.

Also found aboard the vessel was a one year supply of Paxil, a copy of the book "Poker for Dummies" (unread and still in its shrinkwrapping), over 100 bottles of vodka and Red Bull mixer, and two large sacks of potatoes/ammunition for his commando squad.

The identity of the militant is still unknown and the only clue as to his identity are the initials "N.R." emblazoned in large, fluorescent lettering on the front of his pink Power Ranger's suit.

The man was found to be suffering from a severe case of WIPS (Withdrawal from Internet Postings Syndrome) and was initially rushed to a nearby 24 hour internet cafe for emergency, lifesaving treatment and observation before being transferred to a high security cell at San Jose prison.

Costa Rican police are still trying to establish a motive for the man's attempted covert entry into Costa Rica.

In a side development the Costa Rican police force are co-operating with the New York PD's investigation into the theft of 24 mannequins from Macy's last Thursday night.

- end wire

Posted by: neal ross
Posted on: Friday, 4 May 2001, at 11:34 a.m.

I have received my first cashout request ($250) and i would like to thank Russ Boyd and Pokerspot for keeping their committment. I have and will continue to play there (daytrader). It is IMPERATIVE that we all keep playing there to to assure future payment of monies owed. The action there is great, the software is FAR SUPERIOR to anyone else and the RNG is the fairest deal on the planet (Mike Caro eat your hat). Concerning the Bank of Nevis: Nevis is a speck of an island with a population of just over 2000 full time residents. It is a banking haven because it is tax-free. Over 40 banks have storefront offices on the main downtown street. Mail goes out of Nevis on a 5:30 sea plane to St. Maarten a nearby larger island, it then is flown the following day to San Juan, Puerto Rico where on the day next it arrives in Miami and then goes on as if you mailed the original letter from Miami so that you should then receive it with in three more business days for a grand total of 6-7 business days from when it was originally sent from Nevis. The instruments we are receiving are from the bank directly and should clear assuming the bank is solvent, which according to my ex-mother in-law (who is the largest property owner on Nevis) it is. Let's go POKERSPOT-see you at the tables.

God bless PokerSpot, boy you're a beaut. If anyone has Neal's post about the Pan-American Strike Force hitting the ParadisePoker offices in CR I would be in your debt if you post it. A true Zoo classic if there ever was one.

MS Sunshine

krazyace5
03-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Elizabeth -Anne and silybum, you two can't really be as stupid as you sound with these idiotic posts you make.....can you? Maybe you better not answer that.

The money was his, he won it from other players, the money was never pokerspots or boyds, he was entitled to the whole amount. If you think it was a good deal, why don't you start sending me 85-90% of all your poker winnings.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about this. I also don't like to hear his whining.

Keep up the good posts. Don't let these zoo turkeys back you down.

[/ QUOTE ]

krazyace5
03-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Wow you are quite the class act, pretend like you are trying to help people out while encouraging them to keep playing at a rip off site. I have to agree with MSSunshine that you are delusional, your emails make this point obvious. Either that or you were truly upset at Boyd and pokerspot and then had a sudden change of heart... paid off maybe?

Senor Choppy
03-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote:

[ QUOTE ]
1000 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understood him, $3400 CASH MONEY. I think it's obvious that if anything, MS Sunshine owes Dutch something for the privelege of earning such a hefty amount of $.

Even if Party decided to run off with the 10k I have in my account at the moment, I'd still remember them fondly for all the money they DIDN'T steal from me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

moondogg
03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
So, if after much hard work and research, if you were to invest 10K in a company, have the value of that investment go up to 50K, and then someone took off with most of the money, leaving you with 15K (5K above you're original investment), you wouldn't feel cheated? Granted he had 3400 more then the day he started, but he had 56K less than the day someone took off with the money. It wasn't handed to him, he earned it. Once he earned it, it was his. If he got some extra because people were abusing PokerSpot's deposit policies, that it PokerSpot's problems. As soon as the money appeared in his PokerSpot account, it was his, period. They fact that it was not given to him was theft, period.

To Silybum, Choopy, and the rest of the Dutch Boyd whores:
The best way to defend someone like Boyd and his actions is to shut the hell up. You can't saw anything nice, and the more it gets discussed, the worse he looks. I seriously question if you people could honestly not realize what fools you are making of youselves (IMHO)

astroglide
03-11-2004, 02:01 PM
choppy was joking

moondogg
03-11-2004, 02:06 PM
If it was a joke, I aplogize. My mistake. Some of the shilling gets so bizarre that it's hard to tell that someone is joking.

Jim Easton
03-11-2004, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it was a joke, I aplogize. My mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a reasonable mistake to me.

This comment is a fairly obvious joke:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you understood him, $3400 CASH MONEY. I think it's obvious that if anything, MS Sunshine owes Dutch something for the privelege of earning such a hefty amount of $.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he said this:

[ QUOTE ]

Even if Party decided to run off with the 10k I have in my account at the moment, I'd still remember them fondly for all the money they DIDN'T steal from me

[/ QUOTE ]

which had me scratching my head.

Stew
03-11-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[ QUOTE ]
1000 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if Party decided to run off with the 10k I have in my account at the moment, I'd still remember them fondly for all the money they DIDN'T steal from me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What? This is the most worthless post I've ever read. So, you are going to thank people for not stealing from you. Well, I tell you what, give me a thousand dollars and I'll keep it for awhile. I may give it back, I may not. If I do, be sure to thank me, if I don't, then no sweat, right?

***edit*** Ok, so it seems your post was a joke, if so, cool, if not, then read above.

TimM
03-11-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Concerning the fraudulent chip problem, if player (s) bought in with chips that eventually were not paid for, i as the owner would not feel obligated to pay the players who ended up with these chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolute nonsense. I would never play at a site where the owners felt they could transfer the responsibility of determining whether chips were legitimately paid for onto the other players. The site owners have to accept responsibility for their own mistakes and pay up.

--

"I'd like to call that bet, but first I'll need to see your SSN and mother's maiden name, thanks."

Senor Choppy
03-12-2004, 01:40 AM
This place makes me very sad sometimes /images/graemlins/frown.gif