PDA

View Full Version : I really hate this (but I don't see any other choice)

Justaloser
03-08-2004, 01:32 PM
This is a loose passive table. I've already labeled three people as very loose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero ??

sthief09
03-08-2004, 01:42 PM
First of all, I'm pretty sure you gotta bet here. There's a good chance you have the best hand, and with 7 people in, you can't really risk letting them turn a pair. You're in relatively late position, so any hope of a check-raise is useless. At this point, I see no reason to fold. You could be drawing almost dead (barring runner runner diamonds, and no one having the Ad, or runner runner aces or kings), and so many people have called the flop already, that you really have no shot at taking down this point without more than once every 25 or 30 hands

Justaloser
03-08-2004, 02:15 PM
First of all, I'm pretty sure you gotta bet here. ..... that you really have no shot at taking down this point without more than once every 25 or 30 hands

This doesn't make sense to me. You're saying bet even though I'm likely behind and will rarely take it down?

sthief09
03-08-2004, 02:24 PM
I said that when it's checked to the raiser (him), he is likely ahead. Since he raised, people are less likely to draw to crappy overcards like Q5. Once he checked and there was a bet and 4 callers, he lost all chance of taking down the pot. Check-raising is pointless and a waste of money here, because no one is going to fold for one more bet. If he bet the flop, he might have only gotten 2 or 3 callers, and with all the draws on the board, it's possible those 2 or 3 were all drawing with him. If that were the case, he'd have 5 clean outs (all but the ace of diamonds).

I mean he can always just give up hope on the flop, and check/fold. But I think you gotta bet and hope for the best, because you might just be ahead.

HajiShirazu
03-08-2004, 02:28 PM
If your bet took the pot down even 3% of the time, that would not be insignificant. In fact, if you knew betting would take the pot 3% of the time, it would be an extremely profitable bet! However, I think the odds of winning the pot with a bet on this table are much closer to zero than 3%. Still, I would bet this flop. You could be drawing practically dead to some guy's seven or even 87, but more often than not you have 6 outs, and your Kd might be good if you catch running diamonds. It would also be very nice if you could fold out the button and get a possible freecard on the turn.

scotnt73
03-08-2004, 02:59 PM
id check fold this against 6 people. your a big dog against even 22 at this point! save your money for when you have the best of it. Betting here is called a LEAK.

Justaloser
03-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I folded. I just couldn't see myself being ahead. There were a couple of loose/passive players that were capable of having trips and not raising. With my outs down to only 5, I wasn't willing to risk it in this situation.

FWIW, turn was 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and river was 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Button bet on the turn, only the BB called.

On the river, BB bet and Button folded.

I was just curious if anyone else would consider folding in this spot. Mind you, I don't often fold this hand, but in this situation against this lineup, it felt like the right move at the time.

Mike
03-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I would rather be in this hand with anything in the range of J-&gt;7 in your position rather AK. In a loose passive game like this - seven seeing the flop - that is 12 cards out there you can not see. At least one hand was happy with that flop.