PDA

View Full Version : I love the way I played this...until the river.

Schaefer
03-08-2004, 05:20 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: schaefer is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, schaefer raises, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
schaefer bets, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
schaefer checks, MP3 bets, schaefer calls. He was one of many players at this table calling a flop bet then folding on the turn. I liked my hand so I decided to let him try and bluff at it. It worked and I can't wait for him to bluff on the river.

River: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
schaefer checks, MP3 bets, schaefer calls. Definitely think I should have raised here. I feel strongly that MHIG and I like it when people don't value bet the river on future hands because they fear the check-raise.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.50 BB, between MP3 and schaefer.</font>

What do you think?

2000Flushes
03-08-2004, 07:50 AM
With the flush draw I wouldn't risk checking that turn, if he is on diamonds you just gave him infinite odds on catching, and wont get another bet on the river if he misses.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-08-2004, 08:08 AM
How could you not raise the river?

sthief09
03-08-2004, 08:11 AM
You got a read off your opponent, which is awesome. But use it to your full advantage. I think you have got to raise the turn. You don't want to take the risk having the river checked through, but the fact of the matter is he DID bet the river, and you gotta raise it.

Ken Morris
03-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I agree with flushes. I think the key here is the turn, not the river. With this hand I wouldn't want to give him either a free card OR the lead.