PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Deuces In A Capped Betting

ZAC
03-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Typical Party 2-4. I have just lost back-to-back hand to guy on my right when he was in the blinds catching the blinds specials - flopping trips against my PF-raised JJ UTG, and flopping 2 pairs against my AT in SB. Anyway:

I am now in SB with black deuces when he raised on the button after 4 limpers including BB. Figuring that I can easily give it up if I miss the flop, I called. To my dismay, BB re-raised, and before I realized it, it was capped when it came back to me. I did not even know who capped it as I was flipping back and forth between 2 games with a call in the other. All I know is that the board was dotted with chips and there are 4 players ready to gamble. I called.

Flop was J Q 2 with 2 diamonds. Sweet. I bet, BB raised, folded to button who called. I made it 3, both called.

Turn was a brick. I bet, BB called, button raised! Shoot, slow playing pocket J or Q, I thought. I mulled for a moment while hearing the canned cheers of a winning hand on the other board. Hey I won with my top pair no-kicker then! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ah, what the heck, I re-raised. BB stuck in for the ride. Button hesitatedd for the full 20 sec and called.

I can't remember what the river card was but I bet. Both called. My hand was good.

Button typed: Nice blind hand.
My reply: Just following your footsteps. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I posted this because I am very tight in a capped betting and never imagined being involved in one with deuces.

Bob T.
03-08-2004, 01:40 AM
You just got trapped into the hand by bits and pieces, and then you flopped good. Ni han, sir.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

sthief09
03-08-2004, 02:32 AM
I'd like to start this by saying that I love deuces. I played deuces 3 times live last night and flopped 3 sets. For some reason, people just assume deuces are a worthless hand. That's good though. Let them think you played a trash hand there, and don't know what you're doing. nice hand, glad you got paid off there