PDA

View Full Version : Dan S vs. Garland Hand #1

Garland
03-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Stakes: $9/$18
Players: 9-handed, a bit loose now

I'm on the button and Dan S in mid-position. There are several players limping and I see K /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I make a "loose" call.

The flop comes K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Dan S comes out firing. I already know he could have anything for his betting, so I raise. He calls. Everyone else has folded now. My intention is to bet the turn on a blank and check behind on the river (or call if bet to on the river with a blank).

The next card is a blank. Change of plans! He plays the stop-and-go and fires out at me (rarely do people do that to me!). I call, with the intention of calling him down if no spade comes on the river. The river is also a blank and I call him with my top pair, no kicker. He shows his A /images/graemlins/spade.gif for his semi-bluff.

He says he should have check-raised on the turn for more effectiveness. I said I would call him down anyways knowing the type of player he is (who knows what I'd really do. I am a poker player after all /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

How well was this played on all streets? Was my preflop call too loose? After all...it was sooted!

Garland

astroglide
03-07-2004, 06:01 PM
preflop call is ok i think. why would you want to check the turn? against a more reckless bet i would raise the flop, bet the turn, and check the river.

Garland
03-07-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop call is ok i think. why would you want to check the turn? against a more reckless bet i would raise the flop, bet the turn, and check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check my message again...

[ QUOTE ]
My intention is to bet the turn on a blank and check behind on the river (or call if bet to on the river with a blank).

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
03-07-2004, 06:13 PM
oops. did you edit or was i high?

haakee
03-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Preflop call is especially OK with a live $3 drop on the button.