View Full Version : Bunky flops the stone cold nuts and NEVER RAISES?

bunky9590
03-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Whats this world coming to??
Is he feeling okay?

Heres the situation, and tell me you would play it any differently. BTW, I had to use my left hand to hold back my right hand from clicking the auto raise button.

Party Poker 2/4 limit
Bunky is in the BB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and Checks after 5 limpers.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (Its like butter baby!)

SB bets, (WTF?) Bunky smooth calls, all 4 others call (really, I'm not kidding)

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets again, Bunky smooth calls again (I'm itching to raise at this point) all call AGAIN!

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
Sb bets, yet again BUNKY CALLS?????, only 2 other players call this time and of course MHIG> (Go figure)

Everyone thought I was a loose passive fish. (Saborion knew otherwise, he was at my table)

If you are going to pop that, when do YOU pop it. It never seemed correct to raise there.

bdk3clash
03-07-2004, 03:09 PM
After the hand, I would have turned to the small blind and yelled, "You ruined everything!"

In response to your question, these hands are so fluky that I think it's close between raising the river and calling and going for overcalls. Someone might get frisky with an overpair (is that redundant when the board has trip 2s?) and cold-call or reraise, though I doubt it. Who knows.

I probably would have played it the same as you. Maybe someone can run a sim in TTH for this?

Dynasty
03-07-2004, 03:11 PM
I posted a similar hand months ago where I flopped quad tens in a Bellagio 15-30 game. I raised the flop and got lots of action.

If you raised the flop, you'll still get lots of callers drawing to their full-houses with stuff like T8o.

Mike Gallo
03-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Ni han sir /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernie
03-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Totally agree. Raising the flop is where to do it. Who the hell is going to put you on quads? It looks, at most, like you're trying to protect from an overcard with a small pair in the mitt. Simply because many of the opponents wouldn't play quads this way. Same with if you were the first one to bet on the flop.

This also works better on a loose, chasing table, imo. Against a tight postflop table, i might play it the same way as the hero.

Definitely DON'T raise the turn. It's a wake up and bet move that can kill your action even on a chasing table.

Nice to see ya back on the boards more regularly, Dyno.

b

DonWaade
03-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Wow, nice patience. I think bet the flop tho. Also, maybe I am retarded, but why not raise the river. You might lose the other two players but there is no way SB is gonna fold, and if they all fold, you would not have to show your hand.

Tosh
03-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Raise before the river, I'd raise the flop. Noone will think you have quads and you might get someone reraising with a pocket pair. Someone with something like AT will normally call you to the river too.

Joe Tall
03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I would have turned to the small blind and yelled, "You ruined everything!"

Why the hell would you think this?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
03-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Same thing happen to me about a month ago. However, I was lucky someone made their flush draw on the river.

Check it out:
Joe Tall and 4 Princes.... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=520315&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

Peace,
Joe Tall