PDA

View Full Version : Habitual All-in abuser Party $200 NLH games

MS Sunshine
03-07-2004, 11:34 AM
This guy really has balls, because punisher and another player were giving him crap on two tables for his all-in abuse from yesterday in large pots with a tough decision and he pulls it TWICE during the hour after that.

Now, I know that Party wasn't going to tell me how many times he abused his all-ins this week in big pots, but I did want to see how they would word a denial about an obvious all-in abuser.

On a side note, Party this week did revoke the all-in protection of two players I complained about who had a history of all-in abuse before the hands I complained about.

MS Sunshine

Hello

Below is an e-mail I sent 45 minutes ago and a HH of him cheating again just now. I'm sorry, but with players like this the integrity of your games is called into question for me and I will no longer be playing with CoolCat while he has all-in protection. From what I understand that is 4 big pots in two days that he has cheated on your site.

Thank you

Hello

I'm playing at two $200 buyin NLH tables with a player named CoolCat. It seems that it is common knowlege, in the chat, that he abuses his allins in big pots. Twice yesterday and once already today.

Is this true? I do not wish to have it happen to me.

Thank you

----- Original Message -----

You have recently requested your transcript of the game number 437xxxxx.

***** Hand History for Game 4372xxxxx *****
0/0 TexasHTGameTable (NL) - Sun Mar 07 09:49:25 EST 2004
Table Butter And Jam (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: Edizon ( $200)
Seat 2: edruff ( $252.20)
Seat 3: CoolCat ( $298.55)
Seat 5: tucko ( $200)
Seat 6: franzinated ( $329.40)
Seat 7: MSSunshine ( $194)
Seat 8: CONAN7 ( $252)
Seat 9: kcden ( $380.86)
Seat 10: CRB13 ( $327.98)
franzinated posts small blind (2)
MSSunshine posts big blind (4)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MSSunshine [ usual crapityola ]
CONAN7 folds.
kcden folds.
CRB13 folds.
edruff raises (8) to 8
CoolCat raises (20) to 20
franzinated folds.
MSSunshine folds.
edruff raises (57) to 65
CoolCat could not respond in time.(disconnected)
CoolCat Disconnect Protection enabled.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7h, 7d, 2h ]
kcden: you're going to do it before the flop, even?
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 9d ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 9s ]
Creating Main Pot with $46 with CoolCat
** Summary **
Main Pot: $46 | Side Pot 1: $45 | Rake: $0
Board: [ 7h 7d 2h 9d 9s ]
Edizon balance $200, sits out
edruff balance $278.20, bet $65, collected $91, net +$26 [ Kd Ks ] [ two pairs, kings and nines -- Kd,Ks,9d,9s,7h ]
CoolCat balance $278.55, lost $20 [ Qh Ac ] [ two pairs, nines and sevens -- Ac,9d,9s,7h,7d ]
Mickyballs balance $200, sits out
franzinated balance $327.40, lost $2 (folded)
MSSunshine balance $190, lost $4 (folded)
CONAN7 balance $252, didn't bet (folded)
kcden balance $380.86, didn't bet (folded)
CRB13 balance $327.98, didn't bet (folded)

scrub
03-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm not going to argue that you have seen the guy flagrantly abuse his all-in protection, but this hardly seems like a clear case for it on its own. The guy has such an easy laydown, and has such a small amount of money in the pot, that it hardly seems worth 12.5% of his weekly cheating quota even if he is cheating.

My guess is connection issues on this pot, even if he is a cheat.

If he was honestly torn over whether or not to call this raise, then I'd follow him around the site and sit at every one of his tables even if I was sure he would abuse his all-in protection until he hit his quota.

scrub

MS Sunshine
03-07-2004, 02:59 PM
tight(22) med ag(5) NLH trap(2)

As you can tell from my notes he is a reasonably tight player. He may have thought that against the raiser's range of hands that some of the time he would have one or two over cards to the raiser's underpair. I wish that I had the other three hands that he played in two days under the same conditions, facing a tough choice, all-ining. It maybe not the way you or I would cheat, but everyone doesn't play poker the same or it seems cheat.

MS Sunshine

1800GAMBLER
03-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Once they get a better connection going they should copy the one thing prima does right and have no disconnection protection in NL games.

scrub
03-07-2004, 03:13 PM
With all the DOS attacks and lags lately on the major sites, I won't play on any site that doesn't offer all-in protection. Even if I do see a pot that makes me wonder from time to time. I just report every possible instance I see, and hope that it works itself out that way.

scrub

RaDiCaLReeD
03-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Can someone explain how,who,and why there are DOS attacks? I see it mentioned often and would like to know more about it.

goodguy_1
03-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Last Friday I had an issue with all-in abuse in a $50NL game.

I didnt keep the hand number or table number because I gave all that information to a Party rep. named Jada over the phone-this was not even done by email.I just expalined it to her over the phone..

The player involved was JamesSukcs.It was a blatant all-in abuse move.He was on a flush draw on the turn ..pot was $26 I had flopped 2 pair and read him for a draw and bet the pot-$26.He took almost all his time said "Later" then timed out-needless to say his flush card hit the river.I figured he was on a DSL or cable connection and just disconnected his LAN connection-as I can do very easily on my desktop-just right click a Lan shortcut and puff you are disconnected--he then was dumbe enough to reconnect and then leave the table...BRAHAHA idiot.Well it was $26 bucks so I was ticked off.I and other players chatted for the next 5 or so hands about how blatant it was..others told me to go after his ass and I did.

Well not only did they permanently take his all-in protection away but they credited me $26.

I think Party and the Investigations Team in particular are really working hard to improve in this area.Good job Jada,Good job Party!!

MS Sunshine
03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

That's three this week. Maybe there is a new sheriff at alerts@partypoker.com /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MS Sunshine

Losing all
03-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Nice to see tham take action like this, and good job reporting the scum. I just hope they don't take it too far. Me for instance has never used one to cheat, and I can go months at a time w/o using one. Last night I was getting kicked off over and over again. It would suck if I just so happend to have 4 flush facing 2 bets on the turn one time. Luckily I seem to have 4 72oish hands when this happens

goodguy_1
03-07-2004, 06:38 PM
When Party reviewed this player's past all-in history they detected a pattern of repeated abuse of the all-in feature.

Party did not offer me the credit on this hand I had to ask for it after thie intial response .. they agreed to credit me minutes later.On my balance details it shows a $26.00 bonus so Party may have paid for this and not the player-I'm not sure.

Report players that blatantly abuse all-ins it's good for everyone and the integrity of the game in general.The most observant opponents always see these things-sure often there are legit connectivity issues but very few people pursue the abusers.I'd say maybe 1 out of 10 at most.This player had done this repeatedly and finally did it once too often but chit he may have 3-4 other Party skin accounts and continue with the abuse.You must repost these guys immediately.

Often the most hapless victims of this are newbies--we want to keep them happy remember.Keep things smooth on the up and up and fun and everyone benefits.

Hung
03-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey MS,
do you play NL $200 at party?
I suppose you do not use the name sunshine.
I've never seen you before. Maybe we play in a different timezone. And I can never find a seat. Why don't they open more tables?

CountDuckula
03-07-2004, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain how,who,and why there are DOS attacks? I see it mentioned often and would like to know more about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seem to be a gang of extortionists (possibly operating out of Russia) who are trying to hold up various poker sites for ransom. IIRC, they sent out an email to them a couple of months ago, demanding $15K to not be victimized by DOS attacks and saying the price was going up to $30K if they caved after the attacks started (the numbers could be off, but that's about the ballpark). There has been some discussion as to whether they should just pay them off; some think it's a cheap price to pay, others (like myself) are more worried about what happens down the road if the extortionists are successful with this one.

As to the how, well, you know how DOS (Denial Of Service) attacks work, don't you? They're bombarding the sites with spurious traffic in order to try to bring them to a halt and keep them from serving their customers.

-Mike

Pokeraddict
03-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Congrats to nailing a habitual cheat. I have complained many times to them with hand histories and only once out of 10 or so times did i get the similar email. I have begged them each time to eliminate all in disconnect in PL or NL games, something pokerstars and a few others already do. In my opinion its only fair. WHY WONT THEY LISTEN TO US?????? I already know, they are too big to care.