PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 Hand at Absolute

risen
03-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I don't post hands too often, so if you have any criticism of my play I'd greatly apreciate it

I'm playing a way above my bankroll here, but the lineup seems to be the Regulars from the 10/20 so I figure it's worth a shot.

3AM, 4 Handed. The table is passive, because of the 10/15 blind structure it's becoming impossible to steal and no one is laying down their hand if they hit any piece of the flop.

Hero in the BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG Calls
Button Raises to $30
SB Raises to $45
Hero Cold Calls 2
UTG Calls
Button Caps
All Call

(There hasn't been so much as a 3 bet preflop for the last 2 hours, and all of a sudden we're capped 4 ways. I'm pretty sure I'm behind to a pocket pair or a bigger Ace, or am I seeing monsters under the bed? It is a 4 handed table.)

4 players see the flop for $240
Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

All Check to the Button who opens the Betting
SB Calls
Hero raises to $30
UTG folds
Button 3 bets
SB Calls
Hero Calls

(Well so much for taking down the pot right there with a c/r, Now I'm pretty sure I'm facing down AK/AQ/QQ from the button and I have no read on the SB. KJ letting us do all the work maybe?)

3 Players see the turn for $375
Turn Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif [9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

Well that doesn't really help me, though it does offer me 2 more outs (unless I'm facing AA or QQ)

Checked to the button who Opens
SB Calls
Hero raises (In retrospect, was this poor? Trusting my reads I have to be behind now)
Button 3 bets
SB calls (What the hell does this guy have?, he's cold called every bet this hand)
Hero caps
All call

3 players to the river for $735

River Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Whoohoo!

SB checks
Hero Bets (The pot was big and after capping the turn I didn't know if I could squeeze another c/r out of the button. Mistake?)
All call

I showdown, Button mucks and says QQ, SB flashes TT.

I'm not happy with my play here even though the results were nice, and I think it was a function of playing at higher than normal limits, playing short handed, and playing tired. Help me out guys.

Pipedream
03-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Hero should not be seeing the flop.

Pipedream

Diplomat
03-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I agree with Pipedream, you should not have seen the flop, even though the game is 4-handed.

I'd stick with your read on the turn and just call. Otherwise I think the post-flop was fine.

-Diplomat