PDA

View Full Version : KK - Bet the river?

BugsBunny
03-07-2004, 01:41 AM
<font color="blue">MP2 is LAGish and likes to get tricky with good hands. UTG is just a typical Party animal, nothing special</font>

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP3

UTG limps, MP2 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls

Flop(7 1/2 SB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls

Turn(5 1/4 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls

River(8 1/4 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero <font color="blue">??? Bet for value or check behind</font>

joker122
03-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I've found that if someone has a 6 in this situation they will bet out and not try to get tricky with a CR, mainly because they fear no one will bet.

chesspain
03-07-2004, 02:29 AM
As scary as it looks, I think that this is an easy value bet, especially considering the card(s) someone would need to make a straight. Indeed, if either of these opponents limped in EP with either 6x or with JT (and called a flop bet with the latter hand), then good for him.

My recent move up to the 2/4 games on Party makes me realize that many of these tables play no tougher than .5/1. Consequently, the amount of money you will lose when you get checkraised and call the raise will be less in the long run than the money you will make from opponents who will call this river with any piece of the board, or even with A-high.

BugsBunny
03-07-2004, 02:48 AM
That was my thinking. I also figured that it was unlikely that anyone had a 6. MP2 did c/r me, and I did call it. Showed TJo for the str8 and took it down.

If I had to do it all over again I'd do it exactly the same way. Most people that have the str8 would probably raise the turn. Although I was being aggressive in most of my hands, so they figured there was a good chance I'd bet the river.

Took down a nice win on the night though /images/graemlins/smile.gif 60BB on 2 tables. Been running hot as a pistol the last 2 weeks, making up for a terrible, horrible 3 week slump - which I thought would never end.

IlliniRyRy
03-10-2004, 02:26 PM
BugsBunny,

I'm going through a 3 week slump myself, I wanted to ask you about yours to see if we have any similarities. I'm really down in the doldrums right now, I just can't win a pot. M bankroll 3 weeks ago was at about $9000, and I've played at least 60 hours and haven't made any headway. This has never happened to me before since I started playing 3-6 at Party, and i can't figure out whether its just the bad beats or if there really is something wrong with my game. How did you cope with your losing streak?