PDA

View Full Version : John Ashcroft has Pancreatitis

andyfox
03-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Apparently he contracted it because he didn't wash his hands after wiping his ass with the Bill of Rights.

Not to worry, though, he's out of intensive care and resting sanctimoniously.

Boris
03-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Lol!!

Nice on Andy. Did you make that one up yourself?

andyfox
03-07-2004, 12:57 AM
No.

HDPM
03-07-2004, 12:05 PM
It is one of God's tests I am sure. He wouldn't do it if He didn't know General Ashcroft could handle it. The righteous will rise above the adversity. Or something like that. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Utah
03-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Andy,

You seem bitter today. friend of Marthas and Giambi? lol

Please educate me - I dont mean this flippantly as I would really like to know.

What rights have been removed by Ashcroft or what rights does he propose on removing? Has an American specifically been denied any rights? Who?

Thanks

HDPM
03-07-2004, 12:35 PM
The Justice Department has abused provisions of the PATRIOT Act. Information on run of the mill crimes has been obtained using devices Ashcroft et.al. said would only be used on terrorists. He has ordered his prosecutors to stop exercising any discretion in plea agreements. They are required to push for the maximum possible charge. Then push for the maximum possible sentence under the oppressive federal sentencing guidelines. Then report judges who don't hand out maximums under the guidelines. Federal prosecutors are not renowned for their leniency or exercise of discretion anyway, but at least they understood that prosecutoirs were supposed to exercise some discretion and distinguish between cases based on the interests of justice.

Ashcroft is an idiot. An authoritarian POS. trust him to make the wrong decision always. He is an irrational kook. That is not to say that I believe he deserves his disease or anything. (See we are being monitored here I am sure.)

Ashcroft is the latest in a series of rotten AGs. AG seems to draw lousy people. Clark, Meese, Reno, Ashcroft. Feh. Doesn't seem to matter which party. But Ashcroft makes you long for Meese. It was a disaster when Rocicot turned the job down and Bush went for a demonstrably incompetent nut from the religious wing of the party. Given the opportunity, Ascroft would take away all your rights in a heartbeat. You MIGHT have the right to go to the Christian church of your choice as long as it wasn't LDS or Catholic and they didn't condone drinking, dancing, or seeing anything that hinted at sexuality.

scalf
03-07-2004, 06:40 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif aren't all these attorney generals lawyers???

we all know lawyers are the most honest, trustworthy, and humble people in all of life...

get real...the u.s. attorney generals just do what the top power lawyers do in every state...then run for office...however...

most lawyers can at least beat a dead opponent...

jmho..lawyers are the main problem in todays society...even made cover of newsweek, but a subject which cannot be talked about on 2 + 2..

gl /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

HDPM
03-07-2004, 07:27 PM
I don't think lawyers are the main problem we have. Other than that I can't really argue much. Lawyers ARE jackasses. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hetron
03-07-2004, 08:00 PM
though it also can be caused by gall stone disease.

andyfox
03-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Just some cheap jokes, which I stole from Bill Maher.

My friend, HDPM, who is slightly to the right of me, is more informed on Mr. Ashcroft than I am.

elwoodblues
03-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I was at at CLE (Continuing Legal Education) course shortly after the passage of the PATRIOT act. Several members of the panel were railing against John Ashcroft when a Senior Federal Judge stepped in. He said, "I don't think it's fair for you all to be judging John Ashcroft." He continued, "I am probably the only person in this room who personally knows the man....and I don't like him. I think he's not a very likeable person and very dangerous to the Constitution."

It was pretty funny hearing that from a 70+ year old Federal Judge.