PDA

View Full Version : boo hiss: sort of a bad beat story; ignore

Guy McSucker
03-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Okay so here I am at Stars in a $30 two table sit and go. Six players remain and I have 9400 chips, well in the lead. There are two pretty small stacks, around 2000, so I am pretty much expecting to make the money at least. Little do I know something remarkable is about to take place.

Blinds 200-400 with 25 ante. I pick up QQ in the cutoff. Folded to me, I open for 2000, big blind moves in for 200 more, I call, he has aces.

Just over 7000 left in my stack. Next hand. I find AK suited. Folded to me and I open for 2000 again. Small blind, the same guy as before, calls. Flop: A K 7, two clubs. He checks. Now is no time to mess around so I move in. He calls, as he would: he has aces.

This leaves me with about 2000 and I'm in move-in-or-fold mode. Next hand I find QQ under the gun, so I move in. Wouldn't you know it, the button, whom I have just doubled up twice, calls. Again he has aces.

There are lots of ways to lose a nice chunky stack in a tournament, but this is one of the more entertaining ones I think. And it's not really a bad beat story because I was never in front.

Guy.

Sundevils21
03-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Tough series of beats. I'll go ahead try to make you feel a little better. My first (somewhat) big tourney, the Super Monday at Party, first place takes like $30,000 or so. I have doubled up early when I'm up against the only bigger stack at my table. I have A 10 limp preflop... well to make a long story short, I flop a boat and lose to a straight flush on the river. That would have made me the chip leader instead, my first attempt at a big tournament was over.

I don't play on Pokerstars, what is a two table SNG? Does it play two tables until 10 players remain then narrow to one table? What is the payout strcuture?

anduril
03-07-2004, 12:55 AM
two table sng = just that, two tables. Tables get evened off until 9 remain and form final table. Top 4 get paid.

CrisBrown
03-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Hi Sundevils,

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play on Pokerstars, what is a two table SNG? Does it play two tables until 10 players remain then narrow to one table? What is the payout strcuture?

[/ QUOTE ]

A two-table SNG has 18 players at the start. (PokerStars uses 9-player tables.) As players are eliminated, the two tables are kept even. E.g.: if there are 8 left at Table 1 and 6 left at Table 2, then one player from Table 1 will be moved to Table 2, making 7 at each. When there are 9 left, the tables are combined to form the final table.

The top four finishes get paid, with the payouts 40-30-20-10. E.g.: at a $55 SNG, with $900 in the prize pool, the payouts are $360 (1st), $270 (2nd), $180 (3rd), and $90 (4th).

Hope this helps.

Cris

Nick B.
03-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Sorry to hear that about your bad luck. Eventually you will be the person with AA three hands in a row.
Onto me, I got knocked out 15th in a 80 person multi tonight when i got all in with KK vs. JJ. That left me just a little pissed. And I just got knocked out of another multi with AA vs. K5, it was sooted. That is why you don't slowplay aces, oh wait, I didn't.

AceKQJT
03-07-2004, 10:28 AM
That is a terrible string of luck. I was laughung my @$$ off at you, but I sympathize. I don't think I can beat that story, so I'll just say thanks for the post.

--Casey

AleoMagus
03-07-2004, 11:56 AM
well, despite not really being a series of beats, yours still makes the honorable mention list

But here is the champ - Limit Ring game Texas Hold'em

UTG gets KK, he raises (not me thank god)
A few callers. Button holding AK reraises and pot gets capped after raising war ensues
Flop comes K44
UTG bets and raising war happens again to cap pot. Only UTG and button are left in the hand by this point
Turn brings 4
Pot is capped again
River brings... 4!

UTG checks and calls

Flopped boat loses to Ace kicker

Regards,
Brad S

AceKQJT
03-07-2004, 12:02 PM
DOH!

jaydoggie
03-07-2004, 12:06 PM
i read something on 2+2 when i was relatively new to the site someone told a story of holding AA vs KK vs QQ vs QQ. i think they got all their money in preflop.
flop A22.
turn 2
river 2.

and they all split