PDA

View Full Version : turn call? river bet? party 15/30, read on...

DcifrThs
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
party 15/30, more or less the usual scene w/ one player who i have absolutely no read on, haven't seen him in a hand but its only been a round and he's in the bb.

all fold to me....hmm, what? huh? where am i?

in any case i have ah9h and open raise. sb folds bb calls heads up on flop.

9c4h3s

check bet call.

turn td.

bet call?. heres what i was thinking, if he's bluffing he'll do it again and i got him since he has me on higher cards than the board b/c of the raise pf. thats really all i had time for since it was in the middle of a hand but there must be other ways to play it that are better for one or more reasons. comments?

river 8c.

he checks, well now i know ive clearly got him beat and he was either betting an underpair he had on the flop or now he hit the 8 and wants to check and call but if he had a t of course he'd bet given the call so i think he'd call many times here with less than a9 so i bet and indeed something worse than a9 hits the muck.

turn comments and river comments welcome. or am i just underbetting/raising my hand on the turn here and concentrating on the wrong reasons to call/raise(i think folding was out of the question here)?

-Barron

AJo Go All In
03-07-2004, 01:53 AM
raise the turn, your hand is vulnerable blah blah, also he might have something like JQ, 56 etc and you want to get that bet now rather than trying to get it after he misses.

DcifrThs
03-07-2004, 02:06 AM
i had a sneeking suspicion i played this one way to meekly. ty
-Barron