PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Personalites

08-19-2002, 01:41 AM
I like to post on two plus two, and I'm sure that sometimes the things I say are not totally correct, I'm also wrong at times, and I learn also alot from everyone that posts behind me and others who do post.

I would like to say that also you can tell just the way people respond how they play Poker, and most of us are very very aggressive. We post very straight forward cut throat "in your face" responses. We always "including myself" like to be correct. We want our own answers to be the correct way.

But you see, sometimes our responses differ from each others, we have a different view each time, some of us say call when some of us say fold?

Who's right? Who's wrong?

In your own opinion you may believe so.....that your answer is BIBLE, but in someone elses answer they may believe that their answer is BIBLE.

This is what makes this game so great.

If we all thought the same way, this game would die.

I would also like to apologize to anyone that I have offended on this site, I do tend to respond with some emotion, I do tend to let things bother me that other posters write up on here, but most of the stuff I say, I analyze and think before I say it, maybe I don't think too thoroughly and sometimes my thinking takes a different route but that is just how I am.

I can assure you this too, Poker is a game where score is counted at the end of the year.

"It's not football, no one pays you for yardage!!"

"You keep score real simple, at the end of the night, you count up how much money you've won."

-Hustler

Best wishes to all of you and please let us be more polite with our responses, sometimes our aggressive nature offends others.

-Mikey :-)

08-19-2002, 03:41 AM
player who is already aggressive will become more aggressive the longer he plays poker. If he is new to the game and has a non-aggressive personality,he WILL develop an aggressive personality.

If he is already an agggressive person,he will most likely develop heart problems,high blood pressure,etc. If he is a non-aggressive person,he will acquire a more balanced personality the more he plays poker.

happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

08-19-2002, 06:51 AM
It sounds to me like you are assuming that when one person says to do one thing, and another person says to do the other, that one of them must be wrong. I assume that they are both right. The discrepency exists because what is right for one player is not automatically right for all. For this reason, poker literature, published or posted, that treats poker as an objective science is just as silly as a movie reviewer who feels that all should share his view.

Tommy

08-19-2002, 06:02 PM
of your statement is that a computer will never be programmed with enough software to beat some top players.

Sitting Bull

08-22-2002, 01:29 AM
" ... of your statement is that a computer will never be programmed with enough software to beat some top players."

Not really. To some extent we could say that each of us is a running program, and it's inevitable that certain programs will run well against certain others, man or machine.

Tommy

08-24-2002, 07:57 AM
program with artificial intelligence a computer that mimics tommy's personality...that oughta be ez to do...lol..jmho..gl

08-31-2002, 04:45 PM
Lookee here Mikey, your highly offensive posts need to come to and end before someone slips an olive into your cherry coke, or perhaps even worse....

Of course all us "personalities" are 100% correct 100% of the time. Just ask us. And if someone happens to have a different viewpoint, just have their thumbs broken by hired goons. That'll teach 'em.

Seriously, posting on a public forum forces you to think about what you say before you say it. If you are clearly wrong, people won't hesitate to tell you, and many times they will be fairly blunt, if not fairly rude about it. You can't take it personally. Because most of us are just a name without a face, offending someone isn't a major concern for many posters. Obviously it's nice when people are polite, but it's not required. If someone disagrees with me, even if they are rude, it's fine with me, as long as they back up what they say with the reasons why they disagree. Just saying "Dave is a Magoo" is meaningless and irrelevant. You have to say WHY Dave is a Magoo. However, being nice might make you more popular, and undoubtedly has intrinsic value all its own. I've met many people from these forums, some of whom I've become friends with. I've had people come up to me and say "aren't you Dave in Cali?" Wouldn't happen if I was a constant JERK though. [yes, I know, I've just opened myself up big-time. go ahead, fire away!]

Dave in Cali