PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 2 Pair vs. Heavy Action

Chris Daddy Cool
03-06-2004, 09:27 AM
6/12 game tonight... pretty much the only interesting hand i had all night.

I'm in the BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

2 limpers. SB completes. i check. 4 to the pot.

FLOP: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks. I check. MP1 bets. MP2 raises. SB folds. I 3bet. MP1 calls. MP2 caps. I call. MP1 calls. 3 to the turn.
I put both of them on weak Q's as there was no preflop action, as they always raise good hands and play super lose with anything else.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet. MP1 calls. MP2 raises. I 3bet. MP1 calls. MP2 calls.
I am still quite certain I have the best hand still.

RIVER: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
My hand is officially useless and check/fold.

MP2 takes the pot down with Q8o versus MP1's Q7o.

Was I correct to try to jam the flop and turn?
What's more interesting to me though... I think I would have continued to jam the river with any card except for a 5 or Q where I obviously muck. Of course if MP1 or MP2 are both holding a random kickers to their Q's, any random card on the river could potentially cost me, so maybe I back off on the river and just call any raises? But I know MP2 likes his kicker (apperently 8 is good enough for him) and would probably raise the river no matter what card hits. Do I make him pay for that mistake or just call just in case? I think I make him pay.

Tosh
03-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Sounds like a great game.

sthief09
03-06-2004, 10:30 AM
If these are the type of people that will cap with top pair, awful kicker (which they are), then yeah I'd continue. The only problem is nwhen they play hands like Q7 you have no idea when they hit their kicker.