PDA

View Full Version : What should I know about Party?

StellarWind
03-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm a micro player who has only played at Paradise and is very familiar with their software, games, and procedures. Now I'm planning to open an account at Party.

What do I need to know about Party but would never think to ask?

I'm thinking about maximizing my bonuses and freebies, differences in the software or rules, differences in the players and games, and whatever else I'm about to learn the hard way.

Thanks in advance!

DrSavage
03-05-2004, 11:25 PM

crockpot
03-06-2004, 12:41 AM
what exactly does micro mean?

the .5/1 games at party are MUCH looser than .5/1 anywhere else on the net (with the possible exception of small sites like absolute or poker club), but the rake is also annoying: 50 cents taken out when the pot reaches $5.

the software is a little different, but not hard to get used to.

if you're willing to hook up your checking account to party, you can get $200 in deposit bonuses by getting 20% up to $100 on your intial deposit and a redeposit using IGMPAY.

hopefully you weren't counting on the same quality customer support that you had at paradise, because party's is a lot worse.

if you're planning to move up in limits at some point, you'll probably want to talk to an affiliate about getting a rake rebate deal. for casual .5/1 players it's probably not worth it.