PDA

View Full Version : UB stuns me again (I think) - It's a good thing!!!

Gomez22
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Yesterday... about 10:30 AM, I deposited $350 into UB to get their 20% bonus. After depositing, and seeing that my bonus wasn't in there, I checked my email again, and found that the bonus period didn't start until 6:00 PM EST.

So... like an idiot, I immediately withdrew the $350 from UB, and sent them an email stating that I messed up, it was my fault, I wasn't trying to do anything wrong, I just caused my own screw-up.

They responded in 35 minutes with the following:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

Please reply with this message when your re-deposit has been made so we will
accredit your 20% in Bonus Dollars in your account.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Elban,
Customer Services Department.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the money back in Neteller this morning, and deposited the $350 again, getting my bonus, and replying to the email, as they requested that I do.

After playing for maybe 45 minutes, I left a table, and saw that I had 140 extra bonus dollars in my account. Great, I thought.. .they credited me twice.

So.... being the honest person that I am, I emailed them again, and told them that I thought they over-credited my bonus account, and although I didn't necessarily mind the bonus funds being in there, I thought it should be brought to their attention and that it was the "right thing to do".

20 minutes after I sent that, I got this:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

We have credited $140 in bonus dollars to your account.

06:19:16 PM EST 03/05/2004 Credit BonusDollars 70.00 Deposit
promotion:Done on Admin Page N Y Do not display

04:46:27 PM EST 03/05/2004 Bonus BonusDollars 70.00 20Percent
Redeposit Bonus N Y Do not display

Please let us know if there is something else we can help you with. Thank
you.

Henry
Customer Service Department

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this sorta mean that my honesty paid off and that they're letting me keep the extra $70 in bonus money? If so (That's how I read it so far), I think UB has found a loyalist in me, at least....

Anyone think any different about this?

'Mez

JTG51
03-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Does this sorta mean that my honesty paid off and that they're letting me keep the extra $70 in bonus money?

Probably not. It most likely means that they screwed up and even though you told them, they are too dumb to realize it.

You made the effort to be honest, that's what matters. I don't think you have any obligation to tell them twice.

astroglide
03-05-2004, 11:23 PM
i had a similar thing happen at paradise. i requested a name change because my account name was my last name (had been playing there for 3 years already). they agreed and told me to set up a new account. when i did, it gave me a 20% bonus on my first 1k buyin. i emailed them to say hey, i'm technically not a new player and they said something to the effect of "that's a new player bonus, enjoy! /images/graemlins/wink.gif"

i wish paradise allowed many-table play and had the fish /images/graemlins/frown.gif

crockpot
03-06-2004, 12:49 AM
it appears that anyone who emailed member services to get their bonus can get another one by re-depositing during the bonus period.

whether it's morally right is up to you, but the option is out there.