PDA

View Full Version : Tough Preflop Decision

SpiderMnkE
03-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button 3-bets, SB caps, BB folds, Hero ??

Both the raiser and the re-raiser are the more solid players at the table

Dynasty
03-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I've folded in a similar situation before. If calling is a mistake, it's only a small mistake.

Of course, if the small blind will only 4-bet with AA-QQ/AK, then you fold easily.

Haupt_234
03-05-2004, 08:30 PM
I think you should def. call and see the flop.

From there, I would check if you don't hit an A. If there is a bet and a raise, you know it's safe to lay down.

If you hit your Q as top pair, it's up to you and your perspective of the 2 opponents to make a lay down or not.

If nothing hit, and you face 1 bet, call for the turn. If it's 2 bets when it comes back to you, fold.

Haupt_234

Dynasty
03-05-2004, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should def. call and see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because it's AQs and that's a pretty hand?

What criteria are you using to make your decision? Are you using your own cards? Or, are you using your opponents's cards?

SpiderMnkE
03-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Yeah.. I dont' know why I called... I think cuz it was soooted.. cuz I probably would have layed it down otherwise.

I got lucky and the flop came QQx.. but I think I should fold there.

Tosh
03-05-2004, 09:16 PM
It really comes down to whether SB is a player who will only cap with really big hands. Given your read I would probably fold.

Tosh
03-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Try thinking about the other players at the table instead of looking at your cards and thinking 'O goody I have AQs I'm seeing the flop no matter what.'

SpiderMnkE
03-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Thats what I did.. I knew both players were tight solid guys playing abc.. so when one caps I figured I was way behind. I probably shouldn't have posted because I knew the answer.. I just wondered if other people made this call.

Like I said it was weakness... somehow AQo I would have laid down for sure.. but since it was spades... I mean.. come on.. right.. right!!

HajiShirazu
03-05-2004, 10:17 PM
You know, for some reason, I have a harder time laying down AQ spades than of the other suits preflop. It just seems like the spades make the hand seem more powerful.

SpiderMnkE
03-06-2004, 12:50 AM
ain't that the truth.. I probably could have laid down diamonds or clubs... hearts, I'd be kinda weary.. but I'd cry and do it.. but spades, that is a monster.. hahaha

joker122
03-06-2004, 04:04 AM