PDA

View Full Version : You Like This Play?

RacersEdge
03-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

The check-raise worked well here. The PF raiser was pretty loose, so I thought I would isolate him. Comments on doing it with a pair of 9's versus betting the flop? CO didn't show - probably had AXs.

lostinthought
03-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Would you have called again if he bet on the river?

I'm not sure if I like this play..

prairieboy
03-05-2004, 03:48 PM
I like the check-raise on the flop (assuming you were confident that the CO will bet out again). By forcing the spade draws to pay double, you're killing their pot odds. The 3-bet makes me a bit nervous though.

I might bet out on the turn rather than check/call, but would really hate to see him raise it back at me again. Most likely, I'm check/calling.

I'd check the river too and fold to a bet.

Tosh
03-05-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By forcing the spade draws to pay double, you're killing their pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

1000 lines for this comment.

prairieboy
03-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I was on post #98 when I wrote this. So I had to find SOMETHING to write.

At least I didn't start another "Party Sucks", "Straights should beat Flushes", "Party Rules", "Online Poker is Rigged", "Log8" or "Use my Affiliate #" post.

P.S. Thanks for the excuse for hitting #100.

Trix
03-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Looks good imo.