PDA

View Full Version : StrongBadia's Army!!!

GuyOnTilt
03-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh yes my friends, you heard correctly. In the next 10 weeks, you all will come to know and fear this name very well. The mere mention of StrongBadia's Army will send chills down your shine. For we are, quite simply, THEE best team out there to date. Just to give you all a fair shot, I'll divulge our team list:

GuyOnTilt
CrackerZack
ElSapo
JohnShaft
Brian0792
LivingLegend58
Catch of the Day
Trix
And a player to be named later

I'm actually considering leaving our 9th spot empty, just to kind of level the playing field for the rest of the teams out there. It's just so obvious to me (and I'm sure to the rest of you reading as well) that StrongBadia's Army is simply far superior a machine of warfare than any of the other squads out there. I mean, just look at our Week One matchup! Stripsqueeze? Schneids? Bicyclekick?! This rag-tag group of clowns doesn't stand a chance!

Gentlemen, in the next 10 weeks you will be privy to witness a marvel in poker achievement! StrongBadia's Army will march through our enemies, leaving in our wake a bloody mess of wounded pride and broken dreams, leaving others staring in awe as we stand atop the pedastal holding high the trophy of HULA Champions!

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

CrackerZack
03-05-2004, 03:22 PM
the 9th spot will be saved for Trogdor the Burninator!

I will pour my glowstick into stripsqueez's mountain dew. It's on baby! Yes, it's ON!!!!

pudley4
03-05-2004, 03:23 PM
So what you're saying is that your team is so weak that one of your "teammates" already bailed on you, for fear of embarrassment???

Does that make you the Donald Sterling of HULA?

JohnShaft
03-05-2004, 03:31 PM
It's already over.

Our enemies will fall before us in Ruin and Burnination.

ElSapo
03-05-2004, 03:55 PM
This team is huge. At this point I'll be surprised if all the other teams actually toss in the entry fee, as it seems to be a forgone conclusion.

The creation of StrongBadia's Army has just made this first season of HULA a -EV for all other players.

Bummer.

El Sapo

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 04:13 PM
I was taken in the fourth round and you didn't pick me up?

You'll live to regret that my friend.

Now, Me, JTG, and Joe Tall are gonna bring the lumber to ya.

Ulysses
03-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Did you miss the draft or something? I don't understand how else there could be a team with absolutely no good players on it.

GuyOnTilt
03-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Now, Me, JTG, and Joe Tall are gonna bring the lumber to ya.

If you actually believe what you're saying, you're going to be in for a LONG season, my friend. You and your little Foxwoods clique can talk all the trash you want, but in the end StrongBadia's Army will be waiting for you at the felt, where all the East Coast comp cards in the world aren't going to help you guys.

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

Mike Gallo
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
GOT

Brian0792

He goes by Brian0729

And a player to be named later

Hmmmm, should I consider this an invite?

GuyOnTilt
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Your jealousy's showing.

GoT

JohnShaft
03-05-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you miss the draft or something? I don't understand how else there could be a team with absolutely no good players on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you like salt on those words when we make you eat them Uly? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm with the Borgata crew TYVM. But I'll represent the East Coast proudly.

You laggy West coast ram and jammers on gonna have a loooooooonnnnnnng tourney buddy.

I'm sure JTG will just take you out personally though. Though if he sends me to battle, better bring your A game.

I'll show up four coronas in to make it fair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LivingLegend58
03-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Represent!

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey John, need I remind you the last time we played a heads up pot. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I told you I was the luckiest SOB on the net.

Except this time will be limit. LOL

brian0729
03-05-2004, 05:01 PM
I think GOT, John and Sap laid all the ground work for how the first season is going to go, so know need to go over that again.

Hey Uly, I think you made a mistake. Your team's thread is down the list further, just like it will be in the standings. You should post your comment there.

Hey GOT, how many matches I have to win before I get a shot at Akshwan?

Mike Gallo
03-05-2004, 05:04 PM
I'll show up four coronas in to make it fair.

Dude you would need to suck down a case to make it fair.

ElSapo
03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Just tell me when I get to play Ulysses. Please.

GuyOnTilt
03-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Dude you would need to suck down a case to make it fair.

You really expect me to want you on my team after you talk trash to me, MG?

And just for the record, I'd have to be 12 under for Bunky to even have a fighting chance.

GoT

JTG51
03-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Hmmmm, should I consider this an invite?

I sure hope not. It would be extremely shady for you to drop out the day before the draft then somehow join a team the day after the draft.

I'd have major objections if that happens.

gonores
03-05-2004, 05:44 PM
For reference sake, co-commish Doug won't allow this unless other commishes override. Seeing as though there has been no transfer of money to TPC (and presumably no way of extracting said money from Shymon), you will need to select from the original draft pool. Your new player (if you choose to not wait for Shymon to come out from hiding) will be a full-fledged team member, with obligations to pay the fee and claims to any winnings your team may earn.

Just for the record...I'm betting you knew this already, but wanted to clarify.

Doug

gonores
03-05-2004, 05:44 PM
For reference sake, co-commish Doug won't allow this unless other commishes override. Seeing as though there has been no transfer of money to TPC (and presumably no way of extracting said money from Shymon), you will need to select from the original draft pool. Your new player (if you choose to not wait for Shymon to come out from hiding) will be a full-fledged team member, with obligations to pay the fee and claims to any winnings your team may earn.

Just for the record...I'm betting you knew this already, but wanted to clarify.

Doug

Mike Gallo
03-05-2004, 06:02 PM
I sure hope not. It would be extremely shady for you to drop out the day before the draft then somehow join a team the day after the draft.

I agree. I posted this tongue in cheek. I had a pretty rough day and I posted this to humor myself /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope I didnt cause too much fuss.

CrackerZack
03-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Honestly, the fact that we'll dominate this league is totally irrelevant because we have the coolest team name in the league. And they said Strong Badia needs no army. We shall protect population: tire!!!!

glen
03-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Why don't you bring the Cheat into the house? Or does his name disqualify him?

BBill
03-06-2004, 09:30 AM
I mean, just look at our Week One matchup! Stripsqueeze? Schneids? Bicyclekick?! This rag-tag group of clowns doesn't stand a chance!

Hey I happen to be in this rag-tag group as well GOT and lemme tell ya, I've seen teams like yours before "StrongBadia's Army" is All Name and No Game I'm looking forward to this upcoming week!

MrDannimal
03-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I was wondering when this would come up.

I think GoT is obligated to respond to the impending start of his first match by playing badminton instead.

GuyOnTilt
03-06-2004, 08:19 PM
I think GoT is obligated to respond to the impending start of his first match by playing badminton instead.

I would, but I'm in dire need of a copy of the official rules of badminton. No idea what I'm doing. None.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
03-06-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm looking forward to this upcoming week!

Oh Bill, oh Bill. Your child-like enthusiasm is very cute and entertaining, but I'm afraid your eager little fragile mind will be burninated in the upcoming week. To be blunt, you don't have a chance in hell. I have personally been working with your opponent, Catch of the Day, and his game is sharp. If I were your team's captain (which, thank God, I'm not) I'd be telling you guys that, "winning isn't always everything" to try to lessen the heartache and mental anguish most of your team will be experiencing.

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

Schneids
03-06-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your child-like enthusiasm is very cute and entertaining

[/ QUOTE ]
Irony. Isn't adulthood considered to be 20?

[ QUOTE ]
To be blunt, you don't have a chance in hell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

BBill
03-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Oh Bill, oh Bill. Your child-like enthusiasm is very cute and entertaining,

Thank you Guy, and maybe one day my enthusiasm will be ripe enough to match wits with your “Strongbadia” character theme http://www.geocities.com/furelise74/homestar/fademe.gif <<<<- which is also very cute btw and very grown up!

but I'm afraid your eager little fragile mind will be burninated in the upcoming week.

That’s not the only thing you are afraid of GOT, you know you might have to play our team twice! And you might have to play ME if you do happen to luck your way into the later stages of this tournament.

I have personally been working with your opponent, Catch of the Day, and his game is sharp. If I were your team's captain (which, thank God, I'm not) I'd be telling you guys that, "winning isn't always everything"

And if Catch of the Day’s game ranks in the same league as your trash talking comebacks, I’m gonna be laughing to hard to show him any mercy at all, and hey “Catch of the day”, your game is gonna be even sharper when were done!

DO YOU HAS?

Is this another newly coined term like “burninated” LOL

Prepare to relinquish !!

GuyOnTilt
03-07-2004, 08:17 PM
ElSapo defeats GACM. Ah yes, the sweet smell of victory. Be
afraid my friends, be very afraid, for once StrongBadia's Army has the taste of blood on their lips we shall not relent.

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

Schneids
03-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey GoT,

Do you when any other matches, besides ours tomorrow night, that have already been scheduled for our two teams?

GuyOnTilt
03-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey Schneids,

I'm not aware of any. But I wasn't aware of ElSapo's either until he PM'd me with the results, so that doesn't mean too much.

GoT

LivingLegend58
03-11-2004, 07:27 PM
LivingLegend58 wins, great battle NL soldier. Team Record 4-1

Sorry Catch took me 23min.

Right now I am not sure any team can hang with Strongbadia.
Represent!!

GuyOnTilt
03-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Brothers,

I am sorry for my own personal shortcoming this, the opening week of our Championchip HULA Season. But you, StrongBadia's Army, have heard the call to war! We are running through our enemy, and they are in ragged retreat. But let us not relent! Let us not be satisfied with merely defeating our foe, but let us slaughter and humiliate them with reckless abandon! Hear not their cries for mercy nor their pleading for their worthless lives. We shall burninate their countryside and cottages so that their children will remember the day their fathers met StrongBadia's Army.

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

smudgex68
03-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Jeez, I'm crapping my pants /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

HavanaBanana
03-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Swish......Swish......

Schneids
03-11-2004, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But let us not relent! Let us not be satisfied with merely defeating our foe, but let us slaughter and humiliate them with reckless abandon! Hear not their cries for mercy nor their pleading for their worthless lives. We shall burninate their countryside and cottages so that their children will remember the day their fathers met StrongBadia's Army.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that every dictator of recent memory that has uttered similar words ultimately leads his troops into the ground as ally troops converge and demolish.

On an unrelated note, I'm also baffled why this thread is even remotely close to reaching 1000 views.

JohnShaft
03-11-2004, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On an unrelated note, I'm also baffled why this thread is even remotely close to reaching 1000 views.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone is coming to see the ruin that StrongBadia's Army is inflicting on the opposition.
Witness the Burnination and Tremble.

I'm playing BookOfIcculus in about 5 minutes and hope to put this baby to bed and give us the W.

BURNINATION!!!!!!!!!1

GuyOnTilt
03-12-2004, 07:36 AM
For those of you naysayers and self-declared enemies of StrongBadia's Army, you may or may not have noticed that we have clinched our Round 1 victory. JohnShaft's destruction of Icculus was just one more example of StrongBadia's domination over any who dare oppose us. But we are not and never will be satisfied with merely beating our enemies, and we will play the last 3 matches of this week with the intent of obliterating and beating StripSqueeze's team into submission! StrongBadia's Army is on the charge! Raise that standard high!

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

GuyOnTilt
03-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Funny that every dictator of recent memory that has uttered similar words ultimately leads his troops into the ground as ally troops converge and demolish.

There's nothing funny about this league. War has been declared and forces have assembled, and we WILL be victorious. Our enemies will be shown no mercy. The burnination shall be great.

As with any great force assembled, the masses are drawn to both our charisma, dedication, and overall superiority. And of course to "check out our majesty!"

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

HavanaBanana
03-12-2004, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you may or may not have noticed that we have clinched our Round 1 victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Done!!!!
Only a few days after The Night Shift Decapitators on RollerBlades.

Swish.....Swush.....Swish....

CrackerZack
03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
If HULA isn't about trash talk, I'm not really sure what is. Why would you have a heads up league if you can't trash talk. Don't be grumpy, talk the trash people.

Btw, I'm glad our outcome is decided since I'm supposed to play tonight and I'm real hungover. The more I drink the further I get in KotZ and Zoo vs SS tourneys. I used to think it was coincidence, but after almost 10 tourneys, I'm starting to believe. In vino veritas

LivingLegend58
03-16-2004, 07:31 PM
LivingLegend58 wins over mosch. Game lasted around 1h 15min. GG mosch.

Let's go Strongbadia.

Represent!!

GuyOnTilt
03-16-2004, 07:50 PM
GuyOnTilt over Smudgex68.

After 20 minutes of technical difficulties, we finally got going. 33 minutes after that, it was over.

This week's carnage: StrongBadia's Army, 4 : Enemy Team, 0.

If there is still any doubt in anybody's mind as to the DOMINATION of StrongBadia's Army, let them come forward.

GoT

JTG51
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM

I laugh every time GoT says, "DO YOU HAS?" so I keep reading the new posts in this thread.

HavanaBanana
04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The creation of StrongBadia's Army has just made this first season of HULA a -EV for all other players.

Bummer.

El Sapo

[/ QUOTE ]

Put your money where your mouth is girlie, The Mighty Night Shift Decapitators on Rollerblades is offering sidebets on the outcome of our match in week 6.
Any bet from 10$ to 100$ from each player.

Teams are :

[ QUOTE ]
GuyOnTilt -BigEndian
CrackerZack - InThaCup
EL Sapo - StageMusic
JohnShaft - LarsR
BRIAN0792 - _2000Flushes
LivingLegend58 - HavanaBanana
Catch of the day - Nick B.
Trix - Acesover8's
weasel45 - Sherrif fatman

Now feel free to step forward StrangBadias, Sometimes you just gotta ask yourself... Do You HAS? Well do YOU?

[/ QUOTE ]

ToT

wrongpond
04-12-2004, 06:56 PM
It's the title that getting the views, not the content of that you can be sure!

GuyOnTilt
04-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Are you asking for a CHALLLEEENNNNGE?!!!

It sure looks that way, but we do not accept. StrongBadia's Army is in no way interested in individual victories. I do however offer a team wager, based solely on which team gets the W in Week 6. Members of my team will pony up however much they want and we will offer it as a wager. The payout will be based on each player's share in the Team Pool, so no player will feel pressured to wager if they don't want to, or more than they feel comfortable with. I will put up $100. If your team raises more money than mine, I will cover any difference, and if ours more than yours, you would cover the difference.

I strongly encourage all StrongBadians to heed the call on this one! This so-called BananaMan apparently has lost all judgement in terms of making +EV wagers. We must rise and meet this challenge head on!

So is it a deal, Havana? Or should I say...

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

PS. Nice sig you've chosen for yourself as of late. ToT. Very clever; very original. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Trix
04-12-2004, 09:20 PM
I´m in for 23.

It´s a shame that we only can run it once, cuz I really like the EV of this one /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
04-12-2004, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do however offer a team wager, based solely on which team gets the W in Week 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my intention also, I will tally up the $ my team is willing to bet and let you know.
I speak for my whole team when I state that we are making a +EV bet.

I must admit that I have been waiting for this opportunity to get my money back from you (and maybe more /images/graemlins/smile.gif
We will take no Prisoners!

Swish..... Swush..... Swish....

ToT

Schneids
04-12-2004, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swish..... Swush..... Swish....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it'd be really funny if you started putting at the end of all your posts,

"Swush...Swush...Swush...

DO YOU HEARD?"

JohnShaft
04-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Ohhh Boyyy.
Did I really hear you challenging the Army of StrongBadia?!
ARE YOU INSANE?!
You forgot to take your pills again, didn't you.

Put me down for $100.
And I'm gonna have to practice now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

GuyOnTilt
04-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey Banana-ana,

The challenge was issued, and our troops have responded.

GoT : $100
Trix : $23
ElSapo : $20
JohnShaft : $100
LivingLegend : $100
Catch of the Day : $47

As you can see, StrongBadia's Military funding goes well beyond what the gov't would have you believe. Our pockets are deep; our resolve, steadfast; and our will to succeed, surpassed only by our desire to kill all that swushes in the night.

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Alright, I am excited lets get these matches started. Considering I am wadgering half my bankroll /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

gonores
04-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Holy Hell.

All I have to say is that you guys better make sure all 9 matches get played. I can just see it now....4-4 and I have to make a ruling.

This is awesome though.

PS - anyone who is reading this and does not have a clue what is going on, see my profile for this (not-for-profit) organization we run.

Doug

HavanaBanana
04-14-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so far we got:

GoT : $100
Trix : $23
ElSapo : $20
JohnShaft : $100
LivingLegend : $100
Catch of the Day : $47
CrackerZack : 20$/50$
Brian : 20$
Weasel45 : ?

InThaCup : 100$
HavanaBanana : 100$
LarsR : 50$
Sheriff Fatman : 20$
Nick B. : 20$
StageMusic : 20$
BigEndian : 10$
AcesOver8's : amount to be decided
2000Flushes : all to be decided.

Pretty nice turnout, we'll give the few that havent bet yet until the start of first match to get their bets in.

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

04-15-2004, 05:51 PM
1-0

Maybe the army is not so strong after all? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

squiffy
04-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I hope you plays better than you spells.

Pedestal boy!!!

GuyOnTilt
04-15-2004, 09:46 PM
GoT over BigEndian. Running score this week : 1-1.

Let's step it up gentlemen!

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

Dylan Wade
04-15-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm glad to see that at least one team is trying to step up to the plate. I think most of the other teams have given up on the 50$

HavanaBanana
04-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Crackerzack vs. Inthacup
Right noW!

HavanaBanana
04-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Crackerzack vs. Inthacup
InThaCup played very well, even *I* was impressed.

2-1

HavanaBanana
04-17-2004, 10:24 PM
game 6 NOW!

GuyOnTilt
04-17-2004, 11:21 PM
Oh yes, my friends. The force is strong with the StrongBadian's. Six out of the nine matches have been played now, and the current carnage looks like this:

The Army : 4
Infidels : 2

You may have heard it being whispered that StrongBadia's Army needs only one more victory before the celebration can begin, but listen not to the bystanders. The Army is in no way interested in doing enough just to get by, not against these guys. These infidels have taunted and teased, ridiculued and provoked, slandered and scoffed at our great empire, and they will be shown NO MERCY. Let them serve as an example to any and all who would dare attempt to derogate the machine of war that is StrongBadia's Army.

DO YOU HAS?

GoT

LivingLegend58
04-18-2004, 02:38 AM
LivingLegend58 over HavanaBanana in about 25min. GG. "The Captain is slain"

UWWJAMES
04-18-2004, 03:34 AM
LOL- Strong Bad is taunting everyone...