PDA

View Full Version : 2 10-20 AA hands

Schmed
03-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Got the rockets twice last night.

Hand 1

EP calls, mp1 calls, mp2 calls, lp calls, I'm in the CO and raise with AA. Button folds, SB, folds, Blind call, all call.

Flop

8 2 3r

checked to me I bet BB calls, EP folds, mp1&2 call.

Turn

K

Checked to me I bet, EP folds, MP1 calls, mp2 calls

River

MP1 checks, mp2 bets, I call, mp1 folds

Hand 2

EP calls, folds to me in MP2 I have AA and raise, LP1 calls, co calls, button calls, both blinds call, ep calls....(can you say R-E-S-P-E-C-T /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Flop

8 6 2r

EP checks, I bet, all call

Turn

Ep checks, I bet, all fold to the ep who calls.

River

8 (I hate fricking 8's...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

ep checks, I flip over my aces.

DcifrThs
03-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Hand 1 you did all you can and played fine. you know you're gunna be beat on the end there a LARGE majority of the time but you must call given pot size. but when the river comes in like that AND you're bet into you're almost always beat.

Hand 2...now we have a different animal here and i think you missed a bet. especailly if that ep person watched you lose to the trip 8's on the river in the previous hand. when that 8 falls it looks scary. it takes a tricky player to check on that river if he indeed had an 8. i think he had a pair below 8's but put you on high cards and was going to call you down no matter what. but if he was watching before he'd have bet his 8 knowing you'd call and not raise but would check and call without the 8.

to sum up: hand 1, good play. hand 2, you missed a bet but its ok.

-Barron

astroglide
03-05-2004, 04:51 PM
hand 1: typical. i don't think you'll always be beaten here, but a value raise would have to be very player-dependent.

hand 2: bet the river, and it's not even close.

DcifrThs
03-05-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: typical. i don't think you'll always be beaten here, but a value raise would have to be very player-dependent.

hand 2: bet the river, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with your assesment of hand one "you won't always be beaten here." BUT he WILL be beaten there a large majority of the time...say 75% or so. i could not imagine making a value raise here. if the player was now betting his ten or other pair because he now thinks you might have two overcards then a raise will get a bet from him, but how often will that player who bets the river call a raise with a worse hand. if he raised here i think hed be RERAISED much more often that he is just called. further, if he was bluffing and only representing an 8, he will fold when raised.

in either case hand 2 is clearly a missed bet and hand one was played as well as it could have been.

-Barron

Schmed
03-05-2004, 05:12 PM
yeah there really is nothing to either of these that is all that ground breaking.

I missed the value bet on the river in the 2nd hand. I showed my aces and he showed a str8 draw. Granted I would have never put him on the 57o but he was the guy that had the 102o..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The first hand I was beaten by the A8o. It happens. I know what you are saying about a player dependant raise. This hand actually came after the first one and I wonder even though the player wasn't all that aggressive if he would have went for a C/R if I hadn't shown my aces on the last hand. He had to have put me on a big pair. The one thing I wondered about this hand, is there anyone that lays that down. I knew he had an 8. Just the action, the way he bet, blah blah.... I knew it and knew he was afraid of me just showing my cards on the river.

DcifrThs
03-05-2004, 05:21 PM

Schmed
03-05-2004, 05:21 PM
As I said below I agree with what you are saying here.

Funny thing the 1st hand happened 2 hands after that JQ hand I posted below. 2 hands beaten, by 3 outters, 2 hands apart from each other was a lesson in not tilting..... I actually handled it pretty well if I do say so myself. I took a big drink of water looked at the board and yelled "COCKTAIL!!!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif