PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Borgata (ratchet up the aggression & make the laydown) 2 HANDS

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Another stellar night at the 6-12 Borgata, it didn't dissapoint.

Hand 1: Usual characters, table full of CS with one lag. 2 players literally in every hand.

I open raise UTG +1 with black nines.
4 callers (yes, 4 callers)

Flop comes: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, once again, 4 callers

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, this time only 2 callers.

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, EP (lag) raises, folded to me, I three bet, he calls.
He shows KQo???????

Thanks buddy.

Second hand got real ugly real fast.

I'm on the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Folded to MP who open raises, Co calls, I three bet, Sb folds, BB cold calls 2 more (LAG), MP calls.

Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, MP bets, CO folds, I raise, BB cold calls 2 , MP calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, MP bets, I don't believe him but I smooth call and don't raise (mistake?), BB calls.

River 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, Mp bets, I call, BB now check raises, MP three bets, I fold, BB four bets, MP 5 bets, BB calls.

BB had 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP had 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Well, I was ahead anyway.

Anybody else pump or dump on the turn?

CrackerZack
03-05-2004, 09:13 AM
hand 2 I'd raise the turn again and fold to a 3-bet.

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks Zack, as soon as I only put 12 into the middle I thought it was a mistake.

Happens to the best of us.
Worked out okay though, I was way behind.

Mike Gallo
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Hand one... ni han sir

Hand two..I probably would have raised and folded to a reraise. Good dump on the river.

CrackerZack
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
When a calling station bets into you twice, its usually bad news, but you have a hand that wants to be shown down, and we all find those hard to get away from. I'd raise to see if he just had a big club to go with his hand and hopefully get the BB out, although he seems pretty determined to stick around. Didn't cost you too much on the river though luckily.

GuyOnTilt
03-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Bunky,

Everybody else is right about Hand 2. You should raise the turn, but only because of the presence of the BB. If you're headsup you can call the turn, call the river. Obviously in this hand, the BB was not a good player. If he was, however, an argument could be made for just calling the turn and folding to a BB check-raise. His cold-call on the flop screams trips or 4-flush. But again, since he's not a good player and is out of control, don't put too much effort into reading his hand.

On the river, would you have folded had MP not 3-bet?

GoT

Joe Tall
03-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Bunk, we're teammates!

Hand#2

MP open raises, you-3 bet, he bets the flop, you raise and then he precedes to bet into you on the turn.

My alarms go off and I go into call down mode. I've seen clowns play AA, KK like this as much as something like A /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif that I call. River is simple.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ZAC
03-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I would have played it exactly as you did. But in hand 2: 5 bets allowed in Borgata now? I haven't been to AC since New Year and if it is, then I'm really something and may drive in this Sat.

CrackerZack
03-05-2004, 09:41 AM
It was heads up, unlimited after that.

Joe Tall
03-05-2004, 09:55 AM
hand 2 I'd raise the turn again and fold to a 3-bet.

Really? Look at MP:
1. Raise, re-raise,
2. bet, raise
3. bet...there is a point where I think my hand has showdown value but I may be beat.

Raise n' fold to a 3-bet = call, call, showdown. If the BB is check-raising his flush here, after MP bet, I fold. If the BB holds A /images/graemlins/club.gif, he's not going anywhere.

I may be a little over-tired and hungover but, I'd really like to see better reason to raise this turn after these actions.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 09:56 AM
to the BB's checkraise for one more bet? NO WAY Can I fold that.

Easy fold to the three bet though.

Joe Tall
03-05-2004, 09:59 AM
You should raise the turn, but only because of the presence of the BB. If you're headsup you can call the turn, call the river.

Do you really think the BB is going anywere after his preflop/flop actions?!?

Do you really think that MP has that much of a lesser hand having raised preflop and bet into twice as you've shown aggression twice?

I don't.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 10:00 AM
nice to see we're teammates!! I'm a 4th round pick????

there went my signing bonus and option contract. Oh well.
Some fifth rounder is going to get spanked this week.

I had a hand I wanted to showdown, but I kept firing bullets and he wouldn't go the F&%$ away. but he would play KQ the same way (MP) so I couldn't fold. BB made matters interesting being a LAG, so my raise wouldn't slow him down.

CrackerZack
03-05-2004, 10:03 AM
I would often expect hands like AcK, AcA, KcK, JcJ, TcT and a few others to play their hands this same way. I have some showdown value but I want the BB to get out or pay dearly. You won't be 3-bet by a hand you can beat. The only problem could be that you aren't 3-bet by AcA, or KcK. If these are very legitimate fears, check behind on the river.

Schmed
03-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Hand 2

One thing I notice about a lot of "live" fish is they are afraid you play like they do. In other words the guy with the 9's was afraid that you would check it through on the expensive street with "just a pair" of q's so they don't go for the C/R.

My thinking here would have been MP hit his flush and I may have laid it down. Probably not but I don't raise there. Now I bet the guy with the 7's wishes you did....then again he probably calls 2.

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
This hand gave me a bit of a dilemma. (Even I get stumped sometimes)

The two players in the hand were truly horrible and bot a bit laggy. I thought about all three options on the turn (fold, call, and raise) BB was going to coe along anyway regardless, so a knockout raise was out of the question. He could have also bee setting up the CR (which he did often) and being as aggressive as I am I had been raising a lot in this game, MP knew this and I guess figured I'd raise again when he hit his 2 outer on the turn. (when I'm dead to a Queen, ugh) Gut instinct screamed call to me which is what i did, because I wanted to see if the BB checkraised, when he didn't the river call of the first bet was automatic (Clownfish in MP would play KQ or QJ the same way) turns out I was busted either way.

Mike Gallo
03-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Bunky,

The two players in the hand were truly horrible and both a bit laggy. I thought about all three options on the turn (fold, call, and raise) BB was going to come along anyway regardless, so a knockout raise was out of the question.

Good job then. I would have paid two bets to see the river, you paid just one.

bunky9590
03-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah, but I got sucked in for the extra bet on the river, and then mucked to the three bet. So, I wound up paying the same as you would have anyway /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Except I would have felt better about my manhood if I had raised the turn. /images/graemlins/grin.gif