PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad fold?

icepoker
03-05-2004, 05:45 AM
10-handed 3/6 game online, very loose opponents

utg calls, utg+1 calls, ep calls, lp poster checks, folded to sb who calls, I raise from bb with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif, everyone calls.

Flop comes 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
sb checks, I bet, utg calls, utg+1 raises, ep folds, poster calls two cold, sb folds, I make it three and everyone calls.

Turn is the 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, utg calls, utg+1 raises, rest folds including me, utg calls.

Good or bad fold, how about my play up to that?
The raiser wasn't one of the ultra loose ones and I hadn't seen him being tricky for the three rounds or so I'd been at the table.

All comments appreciated, results to follow.

anatta
03-05-2004, 06:09 AM
You made a good fold on the turn. Its unlikely your opponent is raising you on the turn with just the lone Ad. Your AA is no good here.

I think I would just call the flop raise, planning to bet the turn if no diamond comes. By three-betting you run the risk of it being capped by an aggressive player with the nut flush draw so you still don't know where you stand. Then you either have to bet into a player who capped the single suited flop or check and risk a free card. All these hassles can be avoided by a stop and go.

icepoker
03-05-2004, 06:58 AM
I agree, the threebet was a mistake. Stop and go would have been the correct approach.

icepoker
03-05-2004, 03:08 PM
The river was the K/images/graemlins/club.gif, utg check, utg+1 bets, it's called. urg+1 flips over J/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif while utg had 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flopped flush.

novamob
03-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Good fold. I may have even dumped once my flop bet was raised, but I HATE suited flops. They tend to get expensive because (a) the flush is obvious and (b) often someone drawing backs into 2-pair or some other hand.