PDA

View Full Version : HULA UPDATES - POSTDRAFT

gonores
03-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Oblie Doblie, lets see what I can all need to say

Firstly, let me thank everyone who has participated in this thing for a) putting your faith in us to run this thing into a place that isn't the ground b) cooperating so well and maintaining a spirit that isn't too light and isn't too serious and c) being our guinea pigs. Hopefully, there will be multiple HULA seasons, and year 1 might test the patience of the players. Clearly, anticipating a completely smooth ride is a little over-optimistic, so thanks in advance for bearing with us if we hit a snag.

We are going to postpone the league start by one day to March 6, which is Saturday. To be frank, we haven't been able to product-test the site yet since we have been finalizing terms and structures and the such. We want to take a dry run before we let loose. I guess the draft is a good example of what can happen if even one or two of your ducks aren't in a row.

I will send out an email to all the drafted players tomorrow in the early am with sign-up info (although I don't have Shymon's address yet....I think he is the only drafted player I don't have). Please remember that it's going to be easier on you if you wait until I email you to sign up...don't create your account yet. I will mention this multiple times over the next day or so, but if possible, use your 2+2 screen name as your TPC screen name.

I'd like to hear what is up with Team Canada...I could do this via pm, but I am a lazy-ass right now.

Week 1 schedule will go up soon after this post.

Here is the team listings...team names are THE COOLEST, so you capns should make some up.

Havana
Inthacup
N1Stunnor
Aces over 8s
stagemusic
BigEndian
Sheriff Fatman
LarsR
Nick B.

Homer
Ulysses
James282
Bozeman
Jay!
pudley4
Bugsbunny
Dylan Wade
The Grifter

Zee
Nate tha great
Daryn
TTT
JasonHoldEm
AAmaz0n
Ccass
morgant
Rugbyrat

Strips
Schneids2k02
Book of Icculus
Gacm
NLsoldier
krazyace5
bicyclekick
Bbill
surfdoc

JTG
Joe Tall
J.R.
Gonores
bunky9590
Deucesup
Mosta
jtf
Calvin

Vehn
Nottom
Ajo Go all in
mosch
karlson
Simon
Wayne
Filip
Smudgex68

Guy
CrackerZack
ElSapo
JohnShaft
brian0729
LivingLegend58
catch of the day
Trix
Shymon

Rob
soda
The Gift of Gab
MaxPower
jek187
fluff
Bottlesof
rayrns
Pokernoob

Franchise (TTT)
03-04-2004, 11:37 PM
gonores rules.

Schneids
03-04-2004, 11:41 PM
One question:

Is Magithighs Canadian or not?

He did respond to Jedi's post for Canadian players.

gonores
03-04-2004, 11:42 PM
With a lack of location info on the guy, I had to make an executive decision. I called him Canadian

Franchise (TTT)
03-04-2004, 11:44 PM
You have magithighs instead of NLSoldier in the list above.

Schneids
03-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Ok, cuz right now he's listed as being on Strip's team.

gonores
03-04-2004, 11:46 PM
I swear, if you don't give due props to John and Mike, I will beat you down. Without Mike shaking down the websites to avoid DOS attacks, we'd never have the funding for this, and John put the structure together way back in the day.

Wait...I'm going to beat you down anyways when I meet you at the HULA table.

Thanks for the props

Doug The Figurehead

Franchise (TTT)
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Just trying to pass the buck so that when things fail and we head for El Commandante you have others to blame eh?

John and Mike rule too! But we're still coming after you. Believe it.

gonores
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
taken care of

thank you

BBill
03-04-2004, 11:54 PM
tks for all the work gonores -and John and Mike

also, here's a few name possibilities I like

Tripskys
Courtesy Flush
Bump Uglies
Net Results
Back off
Pure Energy
Fear and Loathing

cjs
03-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Undrafted and unloved /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If someone needs a sub PM me.

ElSapo
03-05-2004, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With a lack of location info on the guy, I had to make an executive decision. I called him Canadian

[/ QUOTE ]

"Surrender pronto, or we'll level Toronto."

ElSapo

BookOfIcculus
03-05-2004, 01:53 PM
I believe you will be my match in round one. I would like to wish you the best of luck. It should be a fun match as I love HU play. What ever the outcome I'd like to say good game.

gonores
03-05-2004, 06:42 PM
sorry for the delay...I still have not been able to test the site yet. Will come soon.

D

James Boston
03-05-2004, 07:55 PM

JohnShaft
03-05-2004, 08:17 PM
A Headsup League.

Teams are made up of a captain and six drafted players.
Each week a team is matched with another team, and each of their players play a player from the other team. The winner of most matches gets the result for their team.

Each team plays every other team. At the end of the season the teams with the best records go through into a playoffs, to determine the eventual winner.
Think NFL but with Headsup Team-based one-on-one Poker.

gonores
03-05-2004, 08:20 PM
check me out (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=555300&Forum =All_Forums&Words=1831&Match=Username&Searchpage=4 &Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=554657&Search=true#Pos t555300)

D

gonores
03-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately, Yahoo is being weak right now and won't let me send to all of you. I sent out to the top 25 of the 72 names in the DB, alphabetically. I think I need to wait an hour send the next wave. Does any know how to override this?

BTW, I tested the site, with a super-secret HULA player. WOW! Fast. One problem: no hand histories, or so I have found. Otherwise, very sweet.

Thanks,

D

Joe Tall
03-05-2004, 08:44 PM
You should be able to crate a group in your yahoo mailing with all the names. It may take a bit, but will be woth it as it will only take one click to send out emails after that.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ElSapo
03-05-2004, 08:52 PM
I think I was ni the top set, and did not recieve the email. Just a heads up.

Hehe. Heads up.

El Sapo

gonores
03-05-2004, 08:53 PM
ugghhhh, sounds like work to me.

I've got an idea....PM me if you are impatient enough that you can't wait an hour or two.

D

jasonHoldEm
03-05-2004, 08:54 PM
If you actually have this in a database (like access) export the emails as a comma delimited list, cut and paste the list into a email group on yahoo.

Presto. 80,000 keystrokes reduced to about four.

jHE

gonores
03-05-2004, 08:57 PM
I don't have MS access. my life sucks.

I'll figure something out for next time instead.

D

ElSapo
03-05-2004, 09:06 PM
I think I was ni the top set, and did not recieve the email.

Ok, I'm an idiot. While my 2+2 name may very well start with an 'E' my last name does not. Who knew? Never mind. I'm going back to waiting...

...but the heads up joke was still funny.

El Sapo

gonores
03-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Screw putting any more work into this for right now. I'm gonna go play an hour of poker.

HULA admin week + midterm week = perfect condition for 10/20 6max? me gusta

D

BTW...this means all emails are out. Lemme know if you didn't get one.

TheGrifter
03-05-2004, 09:58 PM
I got no email. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

gonores
03-05-2004, 10:59 PM
PM your opponent and work it out with him (or her). Post your start time in the WEEK 1 thread. It's important to have documentation in case a player does not show up on time. 15 minute grace period. If your opponent doesn't show up at game time, post on here. That is when the 15 minute grace period starts. If your match is scheduled for 7pm and you post at 6:58 on here to start the clock, your opponent still has until 7:15 to get there. Post again after grace period.

I swear, we will have something better figured out for HULA II. Until then, this will do.

I will address the GoT player situation tomorrow. Shymon has until 12:00 noon (Central) tomorrow to respond to my PMs, or I am going to say he is off the team.

Doug

BBill
03-05-2004, 11:24 PM
I got the email on how to register an account at TPC but where is the schedule for my team posted ? or do I just have to figure it out ?

mosch
03-06-2004, 03:37 AM
I haven't received the email with instructions on how to signup for the poker club. I'll need it before 7:15 on sunday, since that's when I'll start beating n1stunnor.

Nick B.
03-06-2004, 03:47 AM
I also need the email.

n1stunnor
03-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Stock up on the Preparation-H son!

gonores
03-06-2004, 09:47 AM
I resent the email to players that seemed to be in the "failure zone." Please keep alerting me if you have not received any email (PM, preferrably).

Sit tight on the table access thing. You need to be manually entered into the guest list, and support at TPC is not quite fully aware what HULA is all about. They basically are waiting for their boss to show up today to tell them what to do with this new influx of players. I do not think players need to do anything more other than wait, but you guys may have one more quick hoop to jump through (which will be as simple as PMing me your playing name).

FA list - coming this afternoon

GoT has named WEASEL45 as the potential successor to the throne of Strongbadia's 8 pick, currently occupied by Shymon. WEASEL45 will be coronated at 12 noon if Shymon does not respond in any way by then. WEASEL - signup materials are coming soon.

I
WANT
A
HULA
WEBSITE
but I can't right now. Who wants to take care of this?

I am out until 12 noon today....sorry for delays in getting back to you.

Doug

JTG51
03-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know if the HULA matches will count towards working any of the deposit bonus off?

gonores
03-06-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm going to go with a no, since we aren't contributing to the rake. But I can't say that for sure

gonores
03-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Shymon is out, Weasel is in.

GL weasel

D

JohnShaft
03-06-2004, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I
WANT
A
HULA
WEBSITE

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug I'll give it a shot, (I've been a little busy the last couple which has delayed me) if anyone else wants to too that's cool.
I'll get working on it now. If you can give me an idea of what we need on it that would be cool.

BugsBunny
03-06-2004, 04:38 PM
downloadable videos of native Hula dancers?

gonores
03-06-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm getting in the ear of everyone I can at TPC to figure out WHAT EXACTLY I/WE NEED TO DO TO GET US ON THE GUESTLIST. Phone calls, emails, road trips...I'm doing what I can. My sincerest apologies, but I don't have an answer just yet. Please be patient.

D

ElSapo
03-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Posting my oh-so-damn-stupid question again, b/c I can't find the answer in other threads.

Do we set these matches up ourselves or are they all on for tonight?

gonores
03-06-2004, 05:18 PM
you set them yourselves throughout the course of the week.

D

JTG51
03-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Soda and I have worked out a date and time. Will there be an official thread to post it in, or should we start one?

gonores
03-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Here's the deal,

TPC apparently hasn't worked on a project like this before. Support received instructions very recently on how to load players on to the guest list, but it is more work-intensive than originally thought. Furthermore, support has been extra busy today dealing with more player issues. The site will have the list up..it is just a matter of time. I'll bite my tounge before I say that we don't have to do anything else to get on the list, but that is my impression...just sitting and waiting is our job right now.

Wait, one more job. Assuming you guys got my email, Mike, John and I told you guys to send any problems to us instead of talking to TPC. TPC doesn't have a big staff on hand (I think 4 support people are handling things on this shift), so when they get an influx of players seeking customer support, they can't do anything else (ie load players' names on to the guest list). I can't say this for certain, but I am guessing some of the HULA players took it upon themselves to get a hold of people at the TPC to fix things. Please send issues over to us, and we will file class-action complaints if need be. That way, support only has to explain things once (to me or Mike or John), and we will relay answers to you.

Right now, other than my test pilot and myself, there are 2 more players on the list.

Updates coming,

Doug

magithighs
03-06-2004, 07:16 PM

gonores
03-06-2004, 07:25 PM
If your TPC screename is not EXACTLY LIKE your 2+2 name. This includes capitalization, spacing, punctuation, etc. In the PM, tell me your TPC screen name.

I have yours changed, Ccass.

Doug

Simon Diamond
03-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Do you want me to work on any designs for a HULA logo perhaps? I can also do web pages similar to the KotZ ones if necessary (schedules, standings, stats etc).

Let me know if you require any help.

Simon

gonores
03-06-2004, 10:55 PM
....and technically, we sorta got it.

We have 10 players on the guestlist right now, and they are working round the clock to update it. Feel free to check out whether or not you are one of them.

We'll make the official start of the season listed for tomorrow. Anyone who has matches scheduled for tomorrow, respond in this thread, and I will fast-track your entries to the guestlist.

On a personal note, I think I sucked-out gold-medal RockLobster style against a 2+2er on the Party 10/20 6max tables. His QQ against my 88, flop came Q73, and hit perfect perfect 88 against him for quads in a huge pot where I had clear odds to chase my set to the turn. I hope he comes forward, because I think I owe him a drink.

Speaking of drinks.....

Thanks for your patience...we three commishes are truly busting our asses to make this thing go as fast as possible.

cheers,

Doug

n1stunnor
03-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Sunday night 7:15 p.m. PST n1stunnor vs mosch

TheGrifter
03-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Near_Irrelevant vs. Morgant 10:00pm Sunday night

morgant
03-07-2004, 03:30 AM
this prolly has been covered, but i cant find it. how do i know if i am on the guest list? i despoited mula and didnt receive 10 or 25%, i deposited over 50 bones. i went to the tourney tab and tried to sit at the hula table, it would not let me?

CCass
03-07-2004, 10:16 AM
I deposited my money on Friday night with the bonus code sent by gonores. Before I went to bed, I had been credited with the 25% deposit bonus, but could not access the HULA table. When I went to bed last night, I had received the additional $10 bonus we were promised, but still could not access the HULA table. As of this morning, I have access to the HULA table, so it appears that TPC is getting things taken care of, albeit a little slowly.

HavanaBanana
03-07-2004, 11:12 AM
I have gotten a 10$ bonus, but not a 25% bonus on my 100$ deposit, neither do I have access to the hula TABLE , I am HavanaBanana , do they care if it is 2 Caps?

smudgex68
03-07-2004, 11:25 AM
All worked fine for me. Just need to set up the time and place to shoot the Sherrif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

brian0729
03-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey Morgant,

I had the same problem with the deposit bonus. I emailed support with my user name and sign bonus code and had the deposit bonus a few hours later.

Doug, John or Mike,

I am still trying to verify if my name is on the HULA guest list. Can I check this somewhere on the site? And finally after I work out a time to play, do I have to email the pokerclub to let them know when I will be playing? Or just go to the table at the scheduled time?

P.S. If this has been covered sorry. I didnt see it anywere.

Mike Haven
03-07-2004, 02:47 PM
the only way to know if you are on the list yet is to try to sit in a seat or to chat at the table

the tables are always open, so you just meet your opponent at the table at the time arranged between the two of you

at the moment a new table opens when two are seated - i have asked them to open the next table as soon as one seat is taken, so that latecomers to the first table do not hold up the second match

brian0729
03-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the quick response Mike.

the only way to know if you are on the list yet is to try to sit in a seat or to chat at the table.

I just tryed I can not do either of these. Can you pull your powerful strings? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

the tables are always open, so you just meet your opponent at the table at the time arranged between the two of you

at the moment a new table opens when two are seated - i have asked them to open the next table as soon as one seat is taken, so that latecomers to the first table do not hold up the second match

Great thanks for the info!

BBill
03-07-2004, 03:04 PM
mike
after after emailing support earlier to get put on the hula tables list I was able to watch and chat during the first match btwn WWorld an LArs.
Now though I do not have permission to sit at the new HULA tables. I am not going to bother support with more email at this time since my match is not scheduled yet but this might be a scenario that can be avoided for players in the future if support is aware that the new table names will be different (incrementing 1,2,3,4,5...) and the players should be on the list for ALL Hula tables that will be started in the future.

thanks for all the work in putting this together

gonores
03-07-2004, 03:05 PM
brian,

It take a few minutes per player to add to the list. Furthermore, support right now is swamped. I've written them and asked them to add players with matches scheduled for today to have priority over other players. If you have a match for today, let me know asap, and I will try to get you prioritized as well.

Doug

brian0729
03-07-2004, 03:09 PM
I do not have a match today. I will PM you if I still have problems on the day of my match. Thanks Doug and Mike.

CrackerZack
03-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Actually, RockLobster changed his name on party a while back. He was once "RockLobster" but changed it. So its likely it wasn't him.

ElSapo
03-07-2004, 03:54 PM
The same thing has happened to me -- I was able to chat in the first match but have now lost access.

gonores
03-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Actually, the ROckLobster reference was to his riveredagain website. The player I put the beat on was Vagos...details in the SH forum.

Doug

gonores
03-07-2004, 04:01 PM
OK....I busted out my poor, tired whipping arm and started talking to support again. They are aware of the problem, and it looks to be a "relatively" easy fix. I am headed out for the next several hours, but I have TPC access via phone.

It appears this problem will be handled quite soon...here's to hoping.

Doug