PDA

View Full Version : interesting quotes

turnipmonster
03-04-2004, 11:22 PM
all of these are quotes from a book I have, from the section "selected short subjects":
-sometimes it's better to be aware of the intenionality rather than the specifics
- all playing requires energy. good playing requires attention. great playing requires passion (and maybe some luck!)
-don't try to make a study of your own individuality. makes studies of everyone else's.
-sometimes the elements of a person's unique style may be almost totally unknown as such.
-patience is so important. we can't help the fact that we usually want everything right now. however, experience teacches us at least not to expect it. things unfold at their own pace, they take time. just hang in there. do what you see needs to be done. work on what you see needs work. make it as interesting as you can for yourself. who cares how long it takes? don't look for results (if you work on what needs work, results will take care of themselves). let them surprise you!

the book is called the advancing guitarist, by mick goodrick. I was surprised at how much I thought about poker as a discipline in relation to these quotes.

--turnipmonster

OnlinePokerCoach
03-05-2004, 12:30 AM
"As a man is, so he sees." William Blake.

Not really applicable to poker in any great way, but it's my favourite in general.

gonores
03-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Blake lays claim to my favorite quote too.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of knowledge"