PDA

View Full Version : AA

ThingDo
03-04-2004, 11:14 PM
10+1 SnG on Party. 2nd hand of the tourney and I'm in the SB and pick up AA. There are 4 limpers to me and I raise to 100. The blinds are 10/15 at this point. UTG limper calls. all others fold.

Flop is JKJ two hearts. I have the A h. The pot is 260 ( I think ) and I bet 150. I don't really like this flop so I don't mind if he folds right here. While playing this hand though I decided that I don't want to fold this, this early with no read on any of the players. So that being known I only bet 150 into a pot of 260 for some reason. What do you think of this bet? My opp. raises to 300 and I call. We have equal stacks. I call. Re-raise here? and if so... why?

Turn is an offsuit 5 and I check and call his all in bet. He has 79c and ran a complete bluff at me. MHIG.

ThingDo
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
How was my preflop raise? I don't want my opp. to fold a K on this flop and he isn't going to fold a J so how much should I bet? If there is a chance he is bluffing shouldn't I just check and call and let him continue to bluff? If I check the turn and he checks behind... how much should I bet on a non heart non K river?

jwvdcw
03-09-2004, 07:41 PM
At the 10 dollar level, I like your play just fine, although I might have bet even a little more preflop because there are so many total call stations there.

However, at higher levels, you need to be able to lay down aces in trouble situations, which is something I still struggle with.

JDO
03-09-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't really like this flop so I don't mind if he folds right here. While playing this hand though I decided that I don't want to fold this

First, you aren't in a position to slow play, so the half pot bet on the flop probably wasn't a good bet.
Second, it seems like you are know what you want to do, but you don't want to do it. If you don't mind taking down the pot as it stood on the flop, and you aren't going to fold and you you can't slow play, then you have to make a really big bet.
That's just my take.

Moonsugar
03-09-2004, 11:56 PM
I would have bet the pot preflop. I think you bet a little more than the pot.

On the flop if you aren't going to fold you should bet more to increase his chance of folding a hand with 2 hearts or KQ or something. Your bet gives good implied odds to a nice number of hands (3:1 pot and all of your stack, maybe).

If it goes check check on the turn you need to bet what you think he will call. But the problem is as soon as you check the turn (after making a big raise preflop and a bet on the flop) many players will make a big bluff at this pot. (That sequence has no 'flow'.) Smooth calling the flop and betting big on the turn with a huge hand and position is standard so you will have a tough decision then. SO, I think checking the turn is wrong for most opponents.

[But I guess if you arent gonna lay it down then this is an ok strategy as it will get you busted the same amount but win you more chips from bluffs than ramming and jamming]