PDA

View Full Version : party limit bankrolls?

turnipmonster
03-04-2004, 09:58 PM
hey everyone,
after realizing that everyone I know who is making a killing online is doing it playing limit, I have decided to switch to primarily playing limit online. I've started playing the 2/4 with a 2k roll, and I am curious how much of a roll y'all would suggest I have before moving to 3/6 and subsequently 5/10. I have no intention of redepositing any money, so I'd like to be relatively conservative.

--turnipmonster

SpaceAce
03-04-2004, 10:16 PM
The answer you're most likely to get is 300 big bets. The 300 big bet figure is fairly standard for playing limit Hold'Em but of course many people play with a lot less than that. I would increase the figure if you plan to play multiple tables.

Edit: If you want to be conservative, I think the 500 big bets you're currently playing on is still plenty.

SpaceAce

Jim Easton
03-04-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2k roll, and I am curious how much of a roll y'all would suggest I have before moving to 3/6 and subsequently 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

2k is plenty for 3/6.

umdpoker
03-04-2004, 10:21 PM
you can move up to 3/6 right now assuming you know you can beat it. 300bb is the universally accepted bankroll for limit play with 1bb/hr/table. but i like to have an extra 100b to use as "learning money" just in case it takes a while to adapt to the new level. good luck.

turnipmonster
03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
thanks, mostly I was wondering what adjustments you all would make considering I'm playing 2-3 tables at a time. seems like I should experience more volatile short term fluctuations, and flatter long terms but I could be wrong.

--turnipmonster