View Full Version : Pocket 8's Quads

FletchJr.
03-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Van 10/20

Loose aggressive game

LAG raises UTG, I cold call wiht 88.
5 to the flop for 2 bets each.
Flop comes gin.
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets i don't want to lose anyone so i just call.
one caller behind me.

Turn A /images/graemlins/club.gif
he bets, i just call again, cause i know the guy behind me is on a flush draw. and who knows i could be behind.

River 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

War time!!
bet raise raise raise raise raise.
I finally call and he shows me AJo. i feel weak and show my quads. I read him for AA untill he didn't even hesitate on his 5th raise lol.

In my head i was thinking everyone knows im a rock so why would a guy raise me 5 times on the river without the nuts.

comments welcome

risen
03-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Something strange about poker players. They completely forget what the nuts are when they have a good hand. I'm sure you didn't think JJ was out there. Quads don't even enter the realm of possiblity when trying to put your opponent on a hand unless you're playing omaha, and when someone flips em over you just tip your hat, eat your loss, and keep playing.

Or did you just want an ego boost and a few atta boys?

Zonify
03-04-2004, 10:31 PM
If I was your opponent I would have raised it all the way to. Your opponent Certainly can't put you on AA, and quads?, what's the likelihood. He probably thought his Jacks full of Aces was good.