PDA

View Full Version : TO to Baltimore for 2nd round pick

Clarkmeister
03-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Man, if one of their QB's can mature this year they could be scary now. With the leagues best D, that monster O-line, Heap, TO and JLew this team could be nasty. Assuming, of course, that JLew can stay out of the clink.

Taxman
03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
And assuming that TO can keep from getting suspended and/or destroying the locker room chemistry. I'm a Niners fan and I used to love Owens until he turned into a major ass. I'm just glad we got a draft pick out of him. Unfortunately I can't really see Rattay leading the Niners deep into the playoffs.

Clarkmeister
03-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Somehow I suspect Ray Ray will keep TO in line. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Six_of_One
03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm not so sure TO can be kept in line...there are few players I respect less.

As a lifelong 49er-hater, I think it's a shame that he's leaving. He was a perfect fit for that franchise /images/graemlins/smirk.gif When I heard recently about the mistake his agent had made, it may very well have been the high point of my week.

Taxman
03-05-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As a lifelong 49er-hater, I think it's a shame that he's leaving. He was a perfect fit for that franchise

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? The Niners always have prided themselves on class (that's why they're the wine sipping whiners /images/graemlins/wink.gif), hence the ditching of Deion Sanders. Are you a Raiders fan? Of course then your statement would be a bit ironic, especially since the Raiders sucked worse than the niners last year. Either way, we'll see you in the trenches /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Josh W
03-05-2004, 04:09 AM
I'm a bit skeptical. Of course, there is the inherent TO attitude issues.

But let's assume that JLew is a free man when the season rolls around. He's gonna be their #1 option, period. And, yeah, any team built on a ground game needs a passing option, but I'm not convinced that TO will be happy being the second option.

He's obviously a great addition skill/athleticism-wise. And he may turn out to be the perfect fit. If I were the Ravens, tho, I woulda wanted a receiver without as much of an ego, even if you are giving up some talent...

Josh

Ulysses
03-05-2004, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I heard recently about the mistake his agent had made, it may very well have been the high point of my week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, how can that happen? That's really stunning. Maybe it won't matter because Baltimore will renegotiate the contract anyway, but that is just a monumental screwup. Really unbelievable.

Imagine the conversation w/ TO.

"Well, Terrell, the thing is, you're not exactly a free agent."

"Huh? I can opt for free agency this year, right?"

"Well, yeah, but the thing is, there was this letter I was supposed to send that I kind of forgot...."

"Whatever, doesn't really matter - I still get the $15M signing bonus when I'm traded, right?"

"Well, Terrell, the thing is....."

B-Man
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
The Patriots had the best defense last year. They gave up the fewest points, and played a much tougher schedule than Baltimore.

Six_of_One
03-05-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm a Rams fan, actually. Growing up in L.A., it was my obligation to hate the 49ers. When the Rams moved that obligation was lifted, yet I still hate them for the same reason I still root for the Rams. Whether that reason is loyalty, or simple stubbornness, I couldn't say.

adios
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM

DonWaade
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Patriots had the best defense last year

[/ QUOTE ]
I will concede that, but my money is on the Eagles (defensively) with the signing of Kearse.

Taxman
03-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Hehe, now I get it. You're mad because the Niners beat the Rams over and over and over. Oh well, they have been getting their revenge over the past few years, though that seems to be ending. Just please don't tell me you think Kurt Warner was one of the all time great QBs.

B-Man
03-05-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will concede that, but my money is on the Eagles (defensively) with the signing of Kearse.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles aren't close to the best defense; they can't stop the run. They gave up 210 rushing yards to Green Bay, and then 155 on the ground to Carolina (even though they knew Carolina would make virtually know effort to throw the ball).

Kearse was great as a rookie, but since then has been highly overrated. He's always injured, and isn't that good against the run.

He'll help their pass rush, but if they don't improve their run defense, they wont make it any further next year.

Six_of_One
03-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't hate the Niners because they were better than the Rams...my hatred for the Niners is independent of the Rams, or any other team. Anything that goes badly for the Niners or their fans makes me happy. I loved Joe Montana leaving for another team; Jerry Rice, too. I was disappointed when Steve Young retired, because I'd been hoping he'd stick around for a couple more seasons and really make himself look bad.

As for Kurt Warner...I think he had one of the best seasons ever played by a quarterback, and a couple more really good ones. I can't call him one of the all-time great quarterbacks, because he didn't have the longevity (though he could end up starting again next season, we'll see).

pudley4
03-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Plus, who's going to play cornerback? Taylor and Vincent are both free agents and there's no way they both come back. It's likely the Eagles will choose to not sign either of them.

Taxman
03-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Warner had one of the all time great supporting casts around him. It's easy to look good chucking it down field to speedy receivers with good hands or dumping it off to Marshall Faulk when the pass rush gets too close. I think he was just a slightly above average quarterback with amazing talent all around him. Just look how badly he regressed when the team started to lose some of its chemistry. JMHO. I think you are the first bonna-fide Niner hater I've really met. A lot of people seem to dislike the niners because of their success in the 80s or because of their snooty reputation, but unbridled hatred is a new one. I like it /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Here's to hoping they provide you with many more moments of agrevation. Cheers.

Taxman