PDA

View Full Version : Mid limit streak

danuts
03-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I am a decent mid limit player (10/20-20/40 B&M) and am currently on a 17 session winning streak. Is this common? How long have some of you gone? Some sessions have been breakeven-$100 wins, but about half have been $500-$1000.

astroglide
03-04-2004, 02:10 PM
this isn't terribly uncommon. i'm in the middle of a good run as well. each time i sit down i envision my bankroll with 2-3k less money just to anticipate it happening and come to grips with the fact that it will happen sometime. be glad about what you've got, but i would advise that you not see the money as wholly yours and try to keep in mind what it would be like if it were less - it helps me through the inevitable when it comes.

mike l.
03-04-2004, 02:51 PM
yes it's fairly normal. im in the middle (well hopefully the beginning i should say!) of that sort of streak as well. the softer/better the games you sit in and the more tilt-free your game is, the more likely it is to hit on this sort of nice steady winning streak.

it's also not strange to run bad for weeks and even months at a time where you will post few winning sessions.

Vehn
03-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Last year I won 10 times in a row twice and 12 times in a row once, but I tend to leave when I'm up and stay when I'm losing. Obviously heh.