PDA

View Full Version : poker dreams do come true - flopping quad aces and getting action

Al_Capone_Junior
03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Comical hand from a $33 two table SNG on stars. Not sure it has a lot of strategic discussion value but I know you're gonna like it anyway. We all wish this would happen, but it only rarely does...

It's the first round, second hand. I'm in the SB with A9o. A couple limp and four take the flop for no raise.

Flop is A A A. Doink! Checked around.

Turn is a nine. D'oh! I wanted something that might hit someone else. Checked again to late position, who bets 40. Only I call.

River is an eight. I bet 120. He raises 120 more. I reraise 120 more. He reraises 160 more. I raise 440 more. He goes all-in and I call. He flips over KK and I take the pot.

The only significant strategic aspect of this hand is that he would have won the pot had he raised with his KK because I would not have called a raise from the SB with A9o.

It don't get much sweeter than that.

al

VinnyTheFish
03-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Awesome!

Stagemusic
03-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Very nice Al. Similar situation last night on a $25 NL table at PP.

I am in the BB and look down to find QJ (suits not important) 3 callers to me and I check to see a flop of QQJ. This table has been pretty tight so I make a minimum bet and get 2 callers. Turn is the gorgeous case Q. I make a larger bet and both call. River comes a K and I make the same bet (around 4 bb's) Next player goes all in for about $30. Next player calls him and has about $10 more left. I have them both covered and I go all in of course. Player calls. There is now more than $100 in this pot and everyone is ooohing and aweing as we turn over for the side pot. I show my quad Q's, opponent shows his full house with JJ and then the last guy shows his KK.

It is really hands like this that we all live for. /images/graemlins/grin.gif