PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods this Weekend

Barry
03-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi All -

It seems that I have gotten out of phase with the Foxwoods gatherings of the 2+2 posters lately.

At any rate, Angel Fish and I will be going down again this coming weekend (March 5-7) and hope to meet up with any other posters that might be there. I'll probably be wearing my "I'm running bad" hat and sitting in one of the 20/40 games.

JoeU
03-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Barry,

After last weekend, the Mrs might allow me to go on Sunday. I'll have some string-pullin to do though. Will you be bringing "Baby Fish"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Joe Tall
03-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey Barry,

Your airplane avatar is gone!

I'll be there one of the days. Although I just got new poke felt for the table so the game could be at my joint this weekend. Either way I still plan on geting down to Fox.

I'll tx-m you,
Joe Tall

Barry
03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Yes, the baby fish is coming along. We even have a sitter booked for Friday night and Sunday, so maybe the "kids" can hang out together while the grown-ups play poker.

Barry
03-04-2004, 05:34 PM
It's back.

I tried to put a photo of Marie on there, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Greg (FossilMan)
03-04-2004, 10:23 PM
I will very possibly be around Friday night, playing in either the mixed game or the PL/NL game. So, if you see the guy with the fossil(s) next to his chips or on his cards, please say hello. Especially if it's the holdem round. I don't mind missing an orbit of that game to chat. And it used to be just about all I played. But now, if it's limit, I MUCH prefer hi-lo games.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Mike Gallo
03-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Did you stop attending ATLARGE events?

I had hoped to see you this weekend.

Greg (FossilMan)
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you stop attending ATLARGE events?

I had hoped to see you this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop?

I never started. I've never had the time to come down for one of them yet. Wish I could make it. Have fun for me.

Mike Gallo
03-04-2004, 11:28 PM
I never started. I've never had the time to come down for one of them yet. Wish I could make it. Have fun for me.

My bad, I thought you attended.

You post on RGP, you just don't attend the event. Gotcha, did you ever play at the one in Tunica?

Barry
03-05-2004, 02:24 AM
I will also have an amonite on my cards.

theBruiser500
03-05-2004, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Especially if it's the holdem round. I don't mind missing an orbit of that game to chat. And it used to be just about all I played. But now, if it's limit, I MUCH prefer hi-lo games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just tired of hold'em after playing it so much? Is this about making more money in the other games?

Also, in your high stakes limit games are you on auto pilot or do you really concentrate?

danny

Greg (FossilMan)
03-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Tired of it? No. It is simply a game that favors blind aggression more so than other forms of poker, and most of my opponents are very aggressive, including the ones who aren't long-term winners. Basically, I do better at hi-lo games, because my opponents play worse.

I hope I'm not on auto-pilot too often. Usually I'm not focussed during the shuffle, and very focussed when I'm in a hand. Where I could use improvement is my focus on the opponents when I'm out of the hand. I don't always do that.

Greg (FossilMan)
03-05-2004, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You post on RGP, you just don't attend the event. Gotcha, did you ever play at the one in Tunica?

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's not THE event. The event is BARGE in LV in the late summer. There are also events at Foxwoods, SoCal, and two in Miss. I've been to BARGE, but not for years, and I go to FARGO at Foxwoods each fall. I just haven't had the vacation time to go down to AC ever for ATLARGE.

Joe Tall
03-05-2004, 10:12 AM
I hope I'm not on auto-pilot too often. Usually I'm not focussed during the shuffle, and very focussed when I'm in a hand. Where I could use improvement is my focus on the opponents when I'm out of the hand. I don't always do that.

What about the times you are handing out candy? What do you focus on then? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

C U down there tonight, most likely,
Joe

Greg (FossilMan)
03-05-2004, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the times you are handing out candy? What do you focus on then? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I focus on their reaction, of course, and judge how much more likely it is that they will fold to my steal-raise over the next few hands. ;-)

I hope I remember to fill up my bag. I have lots of candy at home, but none in my bag right now.

[ QUOTE ]
C U down there tonight, most likely,
Joe

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, looking forward to it. Maybe we'll have to have a 2+2 FIHUPT someday here at my house.

BottlesOf
03-05-2004, 01:09 PM
I'll be there at some point. It's been about two weeks since I've been, and I'm begining to twitch.