PDA

View Full Version : las vegas rooms

jayadd
03-04-2004, 04:24 AM
which still allow smoking in the poker room?

Andrew Kinsman
03-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Jayadd, the Bellagio and Mirage poker rooms are completely non-smoking. I believe that The Orleans only allows smoking between 3AM and 9AM. As far as I know, all other rooms allow smoking (some do have designated no-smoking seats). Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

A complete run-down of Vegas poker rooms is available on my web site at
http://www.pokerupdate.com/lasvegas.htm

Hope that helps,
Andrew

CrackerZack
03-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Monte Carlo does, but not in the seats next to the dealer. Mandalay I believe does also and the Palms does. Many of the smaller rooms still do, the big 2 don't.

Howard Burroughs
03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi Jay.

Very good info from Andrew & Cracker.

Just to be clear (Andrew and Cracker are right but Cracker said "Many" of the small rooms and Andrew is right but did not sound sure :-) ...............

Bellagio, Mirage & Orleans - Non-smoking rooms. (note: Orleans is smoking between 3:00 am and 9:00 am. As Andrew's post).

All other rooms are smoking rooms.
Some have high ceilings (Mandalay Bay). Some have very low ceilings (Arizona Charlie's). All of the downtown card rooms are smoky (Plaza, El Cortez, Binion's when they were/are open).

Though there are some non-smoking seats at tables in the smoking rooms; that doesn't help much if your sitting next to a chain smoker with the smoke blowing you're way IMHO. YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard