PDA

View Full Version : check out my online skillz

mike l.
03-04-2004, 02:15 AM
10-20 empire (party skin) 6 handed tables. 2 hands.

1. i have JJ on the button. decent player raises utg, next guy calls, i 3 bet, sb who is quite loose, pretty passive seeming calls, bb who i dont know calls, utg caps, next guy folds (!), all call. 4 of us 18 small bets.

the flop is Kd9c3c. sb bets, bb calls, utg calls, i call.

the turn is 8h. sb bets, bb raises, utg folds, i fold. comments?

2. i have 66 in the bb. a limper i dont know, the button limps he can get out of line ive seen it, sb calls, i check.

the flop is 885 rainbow. sb checks, i bet, limper calls, button raises, sb folds, i 3 bet, limper folds, button calls.

the turn is J i bet, he calls.

the river is 3. i check, he bets, i call.

comments?

astroglide
03-04-2004, 02:21 AM
hand 1 seems very routine

hand 2 i don't like the 3bet because against loose/aggressive types it can often cost you a river bet and getting raised on the turn sucks (especially in 6max games where people will realize you're calling with sixes and start raising the turn more for value). i would bet the flop and call a raise back, then check/call the rest down to give a busted hand a chance to bet and lose the minimum vs a better hand.

secret156
03-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Hand 1. Pretty standard play here.

Hand 2. Another way to play this is to check, have the button bet, and then check-raise the field. The problem is that the button likely has a better hand than you. Maybe J9 or 77? I can't really put him on a pair bigger than that because he would have raised pre-flop.

Ulysses
03-04-2004, 06:01 AM
As they said, the first hand is pretty straightforward.

The second hand, I think the checkraise is better. Sure, sometimes it gets checked through and you deal with that. But people can call w/ any two on a board like that and where does that leave you on the turn after they both call? If the checkraise gets called, I'll 50-50 check vs. bet. The more possible it is for the caller(s) to raise me w/ a worse hand, the less likely I am to bet.

mike l.
03-04-2004, 10:41 AM
on hand 2 do you take that 66 to showdown given the board and players i describe?

DcifrThs
03-04-2004, 11:13 AM
very well said. when i read the post i thought to myself i like the check on the river. as i thought that i thought maybe he should have checked the turn too but i didn't have as strong a feeling about it.

if he bets and is raised he hates it. if he checks and lets kt take a freebee, he hates it. so which one is better? id say its realll close. paper thin either way but id bet most of the time here. as usual i may be quite wrong but by betting i dont give the overcards freebees and he might fold, either way i'm happy. if i check and call and overcard makes my check and call slightly less right than it would have been if i bet then check called...i think.

in any case, hand 1, easy peesy, japoneesee (shawshank if you've seen it).

hand 2, i think the c-r then bet turn and c-c river would be how i play.

questions? comments?
-Barron

mike l.
03-04-2004, 11:29 AM
so on hand 1 i folded on the turn. the river was another 8. it went check-check. sb had 7c3c for flush draw bottom pair, bb had A9 for pair of nines. folded the winner, huge pot. nice.

on hand 2 i called button's bet on the river and he had 98o for flopped trips.

DcifrThs
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
well it seems you tried but somehow managed to get the least money in when you had the best of it and the most money in when you had the worst of it...its a good thing we don't get judged recursively ;-)

-Barron