PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of No Limit Hold em by Howard Lederer

Eklypz
03-04-2004, 01:37 AM
Anyone heard anything about these dvds/vhs? Just saw the ad on tv today so unsure if it is a new item or not. I have high respect for howard lederer's play from what I have seen and been looking for something other than a book to study.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? Not much on the web page (http://www.secretsofholdem.com/) about it really. Seems to be a steal for 11 DVDs at around $36 bucks.

krazyace5
03-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Hey for $36 bucks it should be worth it(look what he did for Annie), if it does suck you can always sell it on Ebay. If you get it let us know how it is.

By the way I think it is only one DVD, I think the *11DVD* is the product number or something.

benfranklin
03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
It is one DVD. There was a discussion about it on RGP yesterday, and Howard commented on it in his usually manic manner. Like he admitted that it was indeed his, and that he hoped that it might help a few folks learn a little something about poker.

crockpot
03-04-2004, 11:27 PM
never seen this, but the website makes it seem geared for beginners. of the things listed i suspect that reading tells is the only thing regulars here need to work on. remember that it's always more profitable to market to beginners than advancing players, so 90% of the poker products on the market are geared that way.

Eklypz
03-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Yes, I mainly wanted it for the tells and to share with friends who are just getting into poker. I think I am going to grab it, will post a review when I am done with it.