PDA

View Full Version : god bless the WPT

Alobar
03-04-2004, 01:24 AM
I feel like I'm at pet smart looking at the goldfish tank, I've never seen play so horrible, all I can think is it must be because of the WPT?

I'm up over 100BB in just over 200 hands

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 01:35 AM
"god bless the WPT"

couldn't agree more.
i'm up only a little tonight....but i did win a 23BB pot when i had an 8 on a board of 5679Q...someone raised me and another guy cold-called my 3-bet. one other guy admitted to folding his 2-pair. oh well, they can't ALL be morons.

Alobar
03-04-2004, 01:41 AM
I just dragged a 48.5BB pot, biggest I've ever won

AA flopped a set, rivered the full house

I sure hope these hand histories show up everntually

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 01:43 AM
yeah....the HH's are down...and i tried to join a 10+1 SNG but was unable. all of the 'seats open' i tried it told me they were already taken.
they are really struggling.

but the game-speed on the ring-games seems normal.

Alobar
03-04-2004, 01:49 AM
omg, the rest of my life has to be downhill from here.

I'm not trying to brag, but to me this is unbelievable. It far surpasses sex or any other form of pleasure I've ever experienced.

317 hands....177BB

is this unheard or is it like a varience everyone will eventually have?

BottlesOf
03-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Am I the only one who lost money tonite /images/graemlins/frown.gif

William
03-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Am I the only one who lost money tonite

No, I lost as well /images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess that places me in the fishe's camp.

Remember to call my bets at he next Kotz tourney /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Acesover8s
03-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Stuck 1200$ tonight.

RollaJ
03-04-2004, 10:50 AM
did party hit 50,000 last night?

DrSavage
03-04-2004, 11:41 AM
It might've if it was working. No waiting lists, slow as hell and delayed hand histories. Sitting down at the table was a huge pain in the ass. Fish cannot play if it's hard to find a seat, no?
As far as bragging goes, yesterday it's been 3 weeks since I've had a losing session.

sfer
03-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Hmmm. I think I'll still take sex. But at almost 56 BBs/100 it's getting really close.

KC50
03-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Nope, me too. Typical scenario was me with KK and 3 bet btf get 2 callers. Flop comes J62 rainbow; sb bets, I raise sb calls; turn Q62(9); I bet sb calls; river Q629(10); check check; sb shows J8 off; take it (sigh).

astroglide
03-04-2004, 01:16 PM
i think the fact that you're checking a Q629T board heads up with kings probably has something to do with your undesirable results.

KC50
03-04-2004, 01:43 PM
This was a limit ring game. Sorry but I do not win any $ here by betting. A draw will fold and if I get a call I'm beat or get check raised as he was trying to induce. Didn't go into player types but he was playing virtually any 2 cards. I lose 1 BB by checking if I have the best hand. However if I bet and get check raised, I'm pretty much committed to call and will lose 2 BB plus the whole pot.

Regards,

KC

RollaJ
03-04-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. I think I'll still take sex. But at almost 56 BBs/100 it's getting really close.

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on the sex and the limits your playing

Senor Choppy
03-04-2004, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was a limit ring game. Sorry but I do not win any $ here by betting. A draw will fold and if I get a call I'm beat or get check raised as he was trying to induce. Didn't go into player types but he was playing virtually any 2 cards. I lose 1 BB by checking if I have the best hand. However if I bet and get check raised, I'm pretty much committed to call and will lose 2 BB plus the whole pot.

Regards,

KC

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop comes q62 rainbow and your justification for not betting the river is because a draw won't call?! As far as losing if you're called, huh? Do you think a pair of queens, sixes, or any pocket pair that's been calling the previous two streets is folding to a bet? This guy obviously calls the flop with any 2 cards, instead of j8 it just as easliy could've been jt or j9 which he would undoubtedly call down with, or any number of other hands that will pay you off.

You couldn't have asked for a better flop for your kings. If you regularly check the end heads-up you're giving up one of the most profitable situations in the game.

Homer
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
A draw will fold

What draws are out there on a Q62 flop?

if I get a call I'm beat or get check raised as he was trying to induce.

Didn't go into player types but he was playing virtually any 2 cards.

So he plays any two cards, yet no worse hands will call on the river?

Betting the river when checked to is routine against typical opponents, let alone a NETO player.

I lose 1 BB by checking if I have the best hand. However if I bet and get check raised, I'm pretty much committed to call and will lose 2 BB plus the whole pot.

This is weak-tight thinking. You will get paid off more than twice as often than you will be check-raised.

-- Homer

astroglide
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
you will get called (sometimes raised) and win much more often than you will get raised and lose. you are making a signifigant mistake by checking this river by default.

KC50
03-04-2004, 02:30 PM
You guys are right! This is weak tight thinking. Seems like for the past couple of weeks this has been the normal routine for me. Whatever they need they get on the river and I admit I've turned gun shy. I looked at what I wrote and tried to rationalize my thinking by turning the table around. If someone else had posted what I did , I would've replied just like you guys did. Thanks!!!

Kind Regards,

KC

NoChance
03-04-2004, 02:35 PM
It was funny to see a couple people bluffing with 72o. I wonder how many fish tried that last night and if some of that didn't contribute to your winnings?

Also, the guy who wins the whole thing just stands there for a couple minutes with a dumb-founded look on his face (as if he doesn't even know he has won it). I'm sure this shows the fish that "anyone" can win at this game.

Have to love it!

astroglide
03-04-2004, 03:12 PM
impressive turnaround in thought, seriously. everybody has gotten into those 'see? i'm beaten AGAIN!' type of ruts at some point or another.