PDA

View Full Version : UB March Reload Bonus

jaybird
03-03-2004, 09:54 PM
20% up to $100

http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/bonus20percent.html

csuf_gambler
03-03-2004, 10:14 PM
wow another deposit bonus. this is getting out of hand, too many bonuses to handle. someone do the math here, how much do i have to deposit to get the max

jaybird
03-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Deposit $500 and get $100 bonus.

csuf_gambler
03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
nice, i hope igm pay gets my money into my account soon.

03-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Why dont you just withdraw and re-deposit?

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 12:08 AM
thanks for posting this. thanks to the idiots at AOL i haven't been getting all of my e-mails. ub e-mails are amongst those that they block (they don't even send them to my spam-folder...they are blocked before they get that far).

i rely on these forums to get the info on the latest ub bonuses. they are averaging about 1 every 3 weeks or so i think.
impressive.
if their hand-histories were more compatible with p-tracker and could be automatically sent i would DEFINATELY consider playing there more often.

do you hear me UB?? the re-loads are great....how about working on the HH's??

jasonHoldEm
03-04-2004, 12:17 AM
That's fan-taz-great. I've been wanting to go back to UB (haven't played there in about six months).

I've never cleared a UB bonus, can someone please give me some idea of how difficult it will be playing limits through 2/4? Please use some or all of the following words:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Hours Nuts Lucy Jones Toupee
Harder Smoke Aruba Outs
Shipwreck Endurance Paradise Sin
Phil Helmuth Scoreboard Puppet AA
Party Stars Easier Volcano
</pre><hr />
Thanks!
Jason

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 12:28 AM
"We're pleased to offer you a 20% Redeposit Bonus when you make a deposit with us between 6PM ET Thursday March 4th and 6PM ET Wednesday March 9th"

please note, the bonus does not start until tomorrow (thursday).
also please note that UB has gone into some sort of weird calendar-zone situation where there are only 6 days in the week. is this an attempt to make up for the Feb 29th thing of last week.
in other words, next Wednesday is the 10th, not the 9th.

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 01:00 AM
some will claim that they take forever to clear. others (including lori and myself) will tell you it's not so bad. be sure to start tables. 1st or 2nd player on a table accumulate points 2x as fast. 3rd or 4th player on a table accumuate them 1.5x as fast.

did i use them all?? hmmmm.....what a strange exercise.

LUCY JONES and PHIL HELLMUTH found themselves SHIPWRECKED on the island PARADISE of ARUBA where they would SMOKE for HOURS (what ENDURANCE!!) and stare at the STARS.
back when they were in AA together Phil would ask
"Lucy, is it a SIN if i think your TOUPEE is the NUTS?"
"Oh Phil," said Lucy. "you sure made points on my SCOREBOARD of love with that compliment. Once we were on the OUTS but now all has changed."
"We can have our own PARTY. a veritable VOLCANO of feeling dearest Lucy. It's HARDER to explain this than you may realize. Perhaps i could show you with this PUPPET."

Wake up CALL
03-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Every few hours you will earn a few UB points. You will go nuts if you wait for Lucy Jones to add any to your account even if she dons a toupee in an attempt to impersonate Mike Sexton and although she works harder and blows smoke rings around most other service reps she cannot help you get to Aruba no matter how many outs you think you have. Besides it will be a shipwreck and likely test your endurance attempting to clear that bonus. Paradise can only be reached by both those who repent from their sin as well as clear the UB bonus.

Playing on the Phil Helmuth table may add to your bonus scoreboard but flashing your Tiger Woods Tigger puppet and folding AA face-up will not cause you to be the life of the party or make meeting more poker stars any easier. Just be careful to never bet the 2nd nuts in Omaha or you will go off like a volcano and never clear your bonus.

How was that? All your words and in order to boot! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

crockpot
03-04-2004, 01:52 AM
UB is the hardest site to clear bonus at, but at 2/4 or higher it isn't that bad; i would say you could get something like $3-4/hour/table. what is really bad is trying to clear bonus at no-limit, and especially PLO or PLO8. the bonus is hardly even worth taking if you play exclusively those games. clearing it at 1/2 or lower limit games is also hard. the system is basically that you get a point for each hand raked for $1 or more, and 10 points clear $1.

jasonHoldEm
03-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Thanks guys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Basically it sounds like the bonus is harder to clear than the Party bonuses, but easier than the Stars bonuses, especially if you play 2/4 or higher or start new tables.

I've always wanted to play with Phil Helmuth, I heard he's a real fish in the ring games and will pay you off when you're holding the nuts and he has zero outs...I wish everyone played that badly, it would be paradise.

I'm sure it will be easier than when I played the first Lucy Jones Bonanza. I played for 12 hours straight for three days, it was a real test of my endurance, and by the end of the day I felt like total puppet on a string. I had to keep checking the scoreboard frequently to see if I was still in the top 20, but prevented turning my game into a total shipwreck by taking frequent smoke breaks, especially after I had my AA cracked by J4o (what a sin).

I think I'll give it a try. I could certainly use an extra $100. Maybe I'll end up winning a trip to play in Aruba. Do they have volcanoes there? I just hope I run well, or else I might end up pulling out all my hair and having to wear a toupee for the rest of my life.

Peace,
jHE

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 03:12 AM
i like mine better. yours makes waaaaayyyyyyyy too much sense.

TylerD
03-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Thats $400 in bonuses at UB now.

Homer
03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
daryn already showed you how to do the computation in a previous post, but I will show you again.

1 - Stated in English

$100 is 20 percent of the number we are looking for (x).

2 - Stated in mathematical terms

.2x = 100

3 - Divide both sides by .2 (.2 is 2/10, which is 1/5, so we are dividing by 1/5, which is the same as multiplying by 5)

.2x(5) = 100(5)

4 - Solve for x

x = $500

-- Homer

jedi
03-04-2004, 02:32 PM
With this reload bonus, that will be $600 in bonuses I have from UB since I started playing in October. I still have $400 waiting to be cleared.

Clearing it at .25/.50 where I started took forever. It's like twice as fast at 1/2 and 3-4 times faster at 2/4.

[ QUOTE ]
That's fan-taz-great. I've been wanting to go back to UB (haven't played there in about six months).

I've never cleared a UB bonus, can someone please give me some idea of how difficult it will be playing limits through 2/4? Please use some or all of the following words:

daryn
03-04-2004, 02:35 PM
i just think this is somewhat disturbing. you can't figure out how much to deposit to get the max bonus, but you're trying to play winning poker.

anyone else see something wrong with this?

JTrout
03-04-2004, 02:45 PM
If he was serious, it reinforces my belief that internet poker is a big +EV for me.

If he was kidding, it reinforces my belief that I take too many things at face value.

Prickly Pete
03-04-2004, 02:49 PM
There's $20 in the pot and it's going to cost me $4 to call. What are my pot odds? Please someone help me out.

csuf_gambler
03-04-2004, 02:50 PM
lol relax guys. im just playing. of course i know how to do simple math.

Homer
03-04-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't believe you. A while back you posted your math homework on the other topics forum, and that stuff was fairly simple, not much harder than this.

lostinthought
03-04-2004, 04:44 PM
suuuuuuuuuuuure... we believe you..

MicroBob
03-04-2004, 05:48 PM
it's that darn 'california' math again.

about as weird as UB incorrectly counting the number of days between Thursday and Wednesday.