PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand?

pheasant tail (no 18)
03-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Though this post is in the form of "what should I do?", I am posting it bc. I think may be interesting for other reasons.

Live 4/8

It's around 2am last night and the room has combined five tables to two and I'm stuck about $150 or so and sitting at a table that is tighter than a ducks ass. The next table over is totally yucking it up, lots of hootin' and hollerin' and lots of chips in almost every pot. In particular I notice that one player is clearly the star of the show. We’ll call him Mr. Happy. I’ve seen Mr. Happy playing in the 15-30 (the biggest game in this room) often and presume that he knows how to play cards well and manipulate the table well to give lots of action.

Soon the tables combined to one and in the first hand I am in the cutoff w/ some crap, Mr. Happy (w/ a mountain of chips) open raises UTG , gets reraised in MP, a call in LMP, Mr. H 3-bet, MP caps, LMP calls. Flop was capped 3/way and bet on Turn won it for Mr. H.

Next hand I call 4 limpers in LMP (co and button fold) w/ 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif sb completes and Mr. H raises. All call to MP from last hand who 3- bets all call (including myself) except sb to Mr. Happy who apparently loves to say Cappacino. All call.

Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Mr. Happy bets. Call, call, raise (by MP) fold, I call. Reraise by Mr. H and 4 calls.

Turn was a blank. (3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif?)

Mr. Happy bets, fold, call, call (me)

River is a J /images/graemlins/club.gif(8/images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif?)

Mr. Happy bets, MP folds, I raise. Mr. Happy starts laughing, proclaims (in a really boisterous but fun and good natured way) “They call ME the raiser”, puts in his raise, and while I’m deciding what to do, Mr. Happy, not being one to waste any time, tosses the dealer a few chips for a toke.

A. What should I do?
B. Any other comments?

slavic
03-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Call for a new deck because you have two 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

At this point I'd just call with a 1 card straight.

pheasant tail (no 18)
03-03-2004, 10:00 PM
It was the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifand 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif