PDA

View Full Version : Important HULA questions.

Bob L
03-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I read earlier that all matches were to be played at the poker club.I just found out that this site will not let canadians play.What gives with that?So my question is can we play our matches at a normal site?The people organizing this have put in alot of work and are doing an amazing job.However I do question using this site.(i now question it more because they won't let me play it...lol)But really hasn't everyone been burned enough by smaller unproven sites with hardly no games?Anyway I would really love to play in this and if there is anyway Canadians can be let in the loop it would be great.

gonores
03-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Bob,

I'm sending you a PM. We were not aware of the Canadian thing when we first started setting this up, but TPC has been with us every step of the way. Other than the Canada thing, they have been very gracious and otherwise accomadating. Mike has a prior relationship with TPC, and all sites start out small, so we're not all that worried about being burned. The set-up for a league like this requires a close, personal relationship with a site, which you will rarely find outside of a startup site.

Dropping TPC means starting from scratch with a whole new site. I'm not looking forward to that.

Doug

HavanaBanana
03-04-2004, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
which you will rarely find outside of a <font color="red"> startup</font> site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thepokerclub is the artist formerly known as poker.com, so they have been around atleast 2 years.

rusty JEDI
03-04-2004, 06:52 AM
For all Canadians wanting to play the HULA

I have been given permission to find a Canadian entry into the HUlA. Because it is at thepokerclub.com we will not be able to compete for money but instead Canadian pride. So assuming we come 1st, which im thinking we will, the money will go to the 2nd place team. THERE WILL BE NO FEE for us.

So basically we put in a team, play for glory, and kick some yanks ass like we did in 1812. There will be some european ass in there im sure too, but if you got ass we Canadians will kick it.

I need you to please reply to this post or the one in the IG forum. Im not sure how many players we need to form a team, but it will be first come first serve. Please reply quick as this thing gets started pretty quick

Thanks

rJ

Mike Haven
03-04-2004, 07:15 AM
i played my first online poker hand at poker.com on the 18th october 2000 against moneytree, RX7, Toulols, John8, Maxtor, Alexandria, Daveov2, Cardsmith and Sam - i believe RX7 still plays there - i do not believe that there is any way anyone will be burned of their $26

however, please feel free to suggest an alternative site for HU that will allow us "free" ($1) 24/7 access to a range of HU-tables for the duration of the tournament, plus hold the prize money, plus give a special introductory cash bonus

we can't use play tables, legitimately, when cash prizes are the intent and end result

yes, everyone could pay $5+$1, or whatever, for every game they play, but, again, there is no legitimate way to pay out any over-and-above prize fund

i'm sorry i didn't know about the Canadian thing - my mistake

Ulysses
03-04-2004, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because it is at thepokerclub.com we will not be able to compete for money but instead Canadian pride. So assuming we come 1st, which im thinking we will, the money will go to the 2nd place team. THERE WILL BE NO FEE for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this "no playing for real money" thing just apply to Canada, or is it an issue for other states as well? I'm in California and I'm assuming there are no restrictions.

gonores
03-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Just Canada, as far as we know

BigEndian
03-04-2004, 09:04 AM
LMAO

- Jim

Mike Haven
03-04-2004, 09:05 AM
from tpc's pov they cannot allow (only) Canadians to bet because they "have some of the offices in Canada"

players from other parts of the world have to follow their own countries' laws, as always

smudgex68
03-04-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
players from other parts of the world have to follow their own countries' laws

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Italy, and as far as I understand the laws in this country, they are there for guidance and do not necessarily need to be obeyed

Mike Haven
03-04-2004, 10:20 AM
yes, but aren't you the guys who tear off your cars' rear-view mirrors because what's behind you isn't important?

smudgex68
03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I drive a Vespa and I only use the mirror to check my hair and my sunglasses. Anyway, my girlfriend usually sits on the back and will shout out if there's any danger. Italy made a law to wear helmets on scooters last year - can you believe it. What next, not smoking in crowded restaurants I expect! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'll have to move to Spain!

Bob L
03-04-2004, 12:40 PM
JEDI -I'll play.

daryn
03-04-2004, 12:50 PM
the first thing i was told when i went to italy was i had to understand that a red traffic light is merely a suggestion to stop.

Bob L
03-04-2004, 12:53 PM
I first must say Mike -great work -you done alot and a good job-I can't really blame you for the canadian thing.I'm a little suprised that either thegamingclub,truepoker or 24 hr poker never stepped up -they seem to step up for everything else.Only other option is to play the canadians hu matches on play tables and then either transfer money thru thepokerclub or a different site.The pokerclub said they just don't allow people to play real money games via connections coming from canada -he did say we could play play money.You've prolly had enough headaches but this could be an option.

HavanaBanana
03-04-2004, 03:59 PM
One pokerroom, think it was ACR have rakefree Hu tables.

CCass
03-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Is there a sign-up bonus for ThePokerClub? I need to get an account set up so I can let you guys teach me how to play HU.

BigEndian
03-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Yes, but it is SLOW to work off the max bonus. You need 500 points for a $100 bonus (25%) before you can make a withdrawl.

I've cleared 221 points after 597 hands played and 27% flops seen. Expect a lot of short handed play since they don't have a lot of ring game players at all.

I hope Mike is getting some good gravy from using this site. I'm not thrilled with having this cash locked up with limited avenues for getting it unlocked.

- Jim

gonores
03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Once again, don't sign up until I send you the proper codes to get set up.

Coming in a few hours

D

BigEndian
03-04-2004, 05:47 PM
I did this a few hours before you posted the "don't sign up yet" post. Check to see that I can get in on what you're arranging, I'm sure I'm not alone. It also stands to reason that those who were previous long-time members should also get any benifits new signees for this HU match are getting.

- Jim