PDA

View Full Version : Was it really Vahedi?

Gomez22
03-03-2004, 07:14 PM
I played at UB today for about 1-1/2 hours, and about 10 minutes into my session, a player names AmirVahedi sat down at the table... Just wondering if anyone knows if Vahedi plays at UB, and if so, what's his screen name?

J.R.
03-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Considering the Bay 101's WPT event started this afternoon, I would guess Amir wasn't playing online, if he even does play online.

GrannyMae
03-03-2004, 07:32 PM
i thought UB was the only site that respected named pros enough to not allow imposters. i'll bet he loses the screename if it is not him. there are too many named players there, and it would cause confusion. ub has always made sure that its pros were promoted within the site as a draw.

allowing people to choose that screename would be against this marketing strategy.

then again, i don't think that clique of pros at ub like amir or respect his successes, so who knows.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/hides.gif

Malone Brown
03-03-2004, 07:32 PM
he sits with $80 at the $2/4 NL so I doubt it.

Rob Blackburn
03-04-2004, 12:44 AM
I watched him play today when my brother was seated at the same table in a rebuy super sat. He was chipleader at one point, ended up getting 14th. He knocked my brother out of the tourney calling my brothers 12k move-in preflop and catching a straight on the turn. Maybe it really is him.