PDA

View Full Version : Party vb UB

ZManODS
03-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Ive read in quite a few posts that UB is significantly harder to play on that Party Poker, does everyone agree?

Does this mean a consistent winner at UB would kill at Party (in the long run)?

Another question, would you recommend UB over Party if you have a small bankroll 25-50 BB's because just seems at party you can go through big swings because of all the looseness. Anyone agree?

Thanks

HavanaBanana
03-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Both party and UB got too high rake, play pokerstars or paradise instead.
They have better software too.

ZManODS
03-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Is there any truth to paradise having EXTREMELY high % of people seeing the flop all the way to the river?

CrackerZack
03-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Where do you get all this?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any truth to paradise having EXTREMELY high % of people seeing the flop all the way to the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I saw in february. The games aren't awful, but its not like 7 to the river at any level.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean a consistent winner at UB would kill at Party (in the long run)?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, actually, they'd probably lose in the beginning before they got used to it. The games are different, just because random people say UB games are harder, doesn't mean they are. Nor does it mean players that can beat them are better. The games are different and if you don't adjust well, you'll have no chance.

scotnt73
03-03-2004, 11:44 AM
exactly, the games are just different. if you can adapt you can beat either one. most people that start out on party have trouble adapting to ub(myself includede) and poeple who start on ub have trouble adapting to party. it just takes time.

Wayne
03-03-2004, 11:56 AM
At the lower limits (.50/1 and 1/2), UB is a bit tighter than Party. Strangly, the UB low level NL games seem to be much looser.

Lori
03-03-2004, 12:10 PM
At the lower limits (.50/1 and 1/2), UB is a bit tighter than Party

Understatement, but correct.

Strangly, the UB low level NL games seem to be much looser.

Just for clarification, I'd say easier, but not neccessarily looser.

Lori

XlgJoe
03-03-2004, 12:40 PM
A 50BB bankroll is not big enough for either site if you have a bad streak. You should drop down a level or two. If you can't do that at party then go to UB or Stars(I know they have levels below .5/1)

secret156
03-03-2004, 02:08 PM
No, both Paradise and Stars are rock gardens at 3/6 and above.

BottlesOf
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
I disagree, I've played in some good 3/6 5/10 at Paradise, you have to hunt a little though...

TomCollins
03-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Rake at stars is a lot higher-> 25% seeing the flop at 2/4.
You could have double the rake at Party and still make more money than at stars.

lostinthought
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
When clearing the bonuses this last month at paradise, if I was playing anything higher then 1/2 (where there was always at least one 40% seeing flops table), than i was really selective about the tables that I played at. I managed to play some of the worst players that I have played in a long time. (and did pretty well)

At UB there is an occasional random loose table, but it seems UB is much much tigher. Except for some of the kill games where all the action junkies are. Or people who get nervous at the kill stakes..

CrackerZack
03-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Not sure about you, but I spent very little time away from the 1/2 5 max tables clearing the bonus. You can get it done in about 3 hours of 2 table play, add a 3rd and it can be done in 2.

Above 2-4 you have to be selective. I agree.

lostinthought
03-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah, the 1/2 5 max tables were the softest short handed 1/2 tables I've played on the internet. Definitely profitable. But, I just couldn't resist taking a couple shots a larger games with high flop seeing percentages (8/16 and
10/20). Some of the full 2/4,3/6, and 5/10 games were great too.

Now that I think of it, this last month was the softest that I have seen paradise. (I started playing online last Feb. when party was becoming the leviathan). I hope they continue this reload bonus stuff... I think it's made the game selection much better.

scotnt73
03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
so paradise 5 handed 1/2 is softer than party 1/2 6 handed? if so i may have to check out paradise.

jess72
03-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I do well at UB. Ive been playing there for about 1 yr. Then I tried PP and lost right away. I don't like PP SNG's either. It's irritating because I'd like to be a winner at PP limit. What ajustments are nessisary at PP. I suffered several bad beats. GGGRRRRRRR